• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    N. Korea Warns of 'Merciless' Nuclear Offensive

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea said Tuesday it would use nuclear weapons in a "merciless offensive" if provoked — its latest bellicose rhetoric apparently aimed at deterring any international punishment for its recent atomic test blast.

Article here.N. Korea Warns of 'Merciless' Nuclear Offensive - North Korea | Map | Government - FOXNews.com

And what does China say?
    People's Daily Online -- China labels draft UN resolution on DRPK missile launch overreaction

They say even limited sanctions are to much,and the UN should not take any action.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    A couple of Tomahawks should deal with their launch sites. What really needs to happen is when they launch a MRBM, we need to take the Lake Erie and shoot it down and CALL their damn bluff. If only they didnt have SO much artillery in range of Soeul.....

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    N. Korea has drawn the attention of Putin with their last underground test. I sleep better knowing that he is watching them. We have our hands full already and a President that can't afford the pre-emptive striker label.
    Putin on the other hand? well, we have seen what he thinks of public opinion.:rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd like to see us launch a nice 3-submarine tomahawk attack on their artillery sites, another Sub attack the launch sites, and then napalm and bunker bust the CRAP outta the DMZ. That will take care of their serious immediate threat and the tunnels under the DMZ.

On second thought, the 4-foot thick tunnels under the DMZ might require more than a few bunker busters...

Last edited:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have argued just this type of scenario, and its not pretty. NK still has 700k troops, and again we do not have enough tomahawks to knock out the artillery, they just have too damn much of it.

Militarily, they can not take south Korea.They can however cause many and I mean many casualties. Even if we could snipe the Fumptards, the average Joe's think they are gods.

Its a tough call really. Ideally the solution would be to force the Chinese to deal with them, but we can not force them to do ****. We are borrowing to much money from them at teh moment.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have argued just this type of scenario, and its not pretty. NK still has 700k troops, and again we do not have enough tomahawks to knock out the artillery, they just have too damn much of it.

Militarily, they can not take south Korea.They can however cause many and I mean many casualties. Even if we could snipe the Fumptards, the average Joe's think they are gods.

Its a tough call really. Ideally the solution would be to force the Chinese to deal with them, but we can not force them to do ****. We are borrowing to much money from them at teh moment.

The BIGGEST problem with PRNK is that if we attack them, we will most assuredly enter into direct war with China. The Chinese are known to have been helping with the missile program and no doubt the Nuke program. They have been known to train NK pilots and also fly recon with them. If we were to strike NK, chinese would most certainly be killed, thereby triggering war with China. With their manpower and industrial strength alone we are no match. Our only option would be Nuclear against them which would assure their own retaliation of their massive Nuclear arsenal. Should any other Country decide they want some spoils, they too, could use theirs. NK could just be the firecracker to set off WWIII with a vengence.

Anyone here equipped to move and survive the North Pole? :dunno:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    First, the Chinese in a conventional war are not that spooky yet. They have no way to control the sea lanes, 1-3 carrier BG's will pretty much null and void the Chinese navy in 48 hours. Subs? Not a chance, you can hear them coming, except for their Kilos. But they have issues maintaining them correctly. Air Power, well thats a bit different, their Su-27's are an issue, but through attrition, air superiority would take a few weeks (6-8 tops).

Now, conventionally, therein lies the issue. Iraq had a 800k army and got their asses handed to them in 100 hours. This would NOT happen with the Chinese but they are not the big scare folks think they are. We would NOT want to take ANY land, just bomb the **** out them.

Their Industrial Strength although great is not quite what you are taught to believe. They still make **** mostly and they have issues maintaining "top notch" items, see the Flankers above.

It would be nasty indeed and the US would gain nothing in such a war.....

BUT and I mean a big BUT, China has EVERYTHING to loose, it is not even in the cards for them to protect NK, not anymore.......NK is a stumbling block for the Chinese rise to world power, in order to step up to the plate they must deal with NK. They FEAR NK but for reasons most don't know, they fear the instability if NK government were to fall....how many NK would try to get to China? Lots....

As I said, China is the key, we need to PUSH them to deal with them.....

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    How about this?
    "A Pyongyan Special delivery, for Mr Kim Jong Mentally Ill" (or his look-a-like).
    NO signature required!
    :rockwoot:

nuke.jpg

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How about this?
    "A Pyongyan Special delivery, for Mr Kim Jong Mentally Ill" (or his look-a-like).
    NO signature required!
    :rockwoot:

nuke.jpg

Now you're trying to make my life hell! My kids would DIE if they couldn't watch their Hanna Montana!

SEND BARNEY!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    First, the Chinese in a conventional war are not that spooky yet. They have no way to control the sea lanes, 1-3 carrier BG's will pretty much null and void the Chinese navy in 48 hours. Subs? Not a chance, you can hear them coming, except for their Kilos. But they have issues maintaining them correctly. Air Power, well thats a bit different, their Su-27's are an issue, but through attrition, air superiority would take a few weeks (6-8 tops).

Now, conventionally, therein lies the issue. Iraq had a 800k army and got their asses handed to them in 100 hours. This would NOT happen with the Chinese but they are not the big scare folks think they are. We would NOT want to take ANY land, just bomb the **** out them.

Their Industrial Strength although great is not quite what you are taught to believe. They still make **** mostly and they have issues maintaining "top notch" items, see the Flankers above.

It would be nasty indeed and the US would gain nothing in such a war.....

BUT and I mean a big BUT, China has EVERYTHING to loose, it is not even in the cards for them to protect NK, not anymore.......NK is a stumbling block for the Chinese rise to world power, in order to step up to the plate they must deal with NK. They FEAR NK but for reasons most don't know, they fear the instability if NK government were to fall....how many NK would try to get to China? Lots....

As I said, China is the key, we need to PUSH them to deal with them.....

Should any of these actions take place, how would the russians respond?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Should any of these actions take place, how would the russians respond?

Probably like your avatar. Sit back and suck their thumbs.

Unless they saw an opportunity to start retaking the Ukraine and other Soviet Bloc Countries... They'd just wait to see who killed who first and invade that Country.

Most likely. Russia don't want war with either of us.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Probably like your avatar. Sit back and suck their thumbs.

That would be funny

Unless they saw an opportunity to start retaking the Ukraine and other Soviet Bloc Countries... They'd just wait to see who killed who first and invade that Country.

Seeing how they invaded that one country last year, I think they will try if given the opportunity...

Most likely. Russia don't want war with either of us.

It'd be hard to not get involved, seeing how they been taunting us lately

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Seeing how they invaded that one country last year, I think they will try if given the opportunity...

It'd be hard to not get involved, seeing how they been taunting us lately

That's why I'm saying if we entered into a MAJOR war Russia would go about it's business as no other Country in the world has the power to take on and stop the Russians. They'd go back to being the USSR and the old ways of doing things by taking back the Soviet Bloc Countries one by one.

I think they're only taunting us because one, they know our current Prez would rather lick their b@11z than to get into some kind of confrontation with them. But they also know that any act of aggression on their part would enter them into a war they can't afford.

I think our second biggest problem if NK would strike or us strike them, would come from the UN. Even our own so called "Allies" would turn against us and condem us. Not that they are really our friends or anything. They just tolerate us because it's better to be friends with the biggest toughest kid in school than to be it's enemy. And they owe us TRILLIONS from WWI and WWII and have yet to pay us a cent. That's why we have our military bases in Euorpean Countries. They think that makes up for it. Plus we use their debt as leverage when we have military and political agendas that involve their Countries. Sad Really.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Plus we use their debt as leverage when we have military and political agendas that involve their Countries. Sad Really.

Really? I did not realize they owed us crap? I know they will never pay us anyway......More details as I find this very interesting.

Should any of these actions take place, how would the Russians respond?

They have absolutely no interest in NK, its an issue for them also. If the US cleans the plate without them doing anything then they would be cool with that..

What everyone needs to understand, it ALL revolves around China. A massive economic power but still a mid-size military one. That is now changing, the money spent on arms has now passed Japan as 2nd to the US.

The Russians, are bidding time.....theycould care less about Kim sung dung.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Really? I did not realize they owed us crap? I know they will never pay us anyway......More details as I find this very interesting.

We gave France, Germany (West at the time), Poland, England and a few other Countries money and man power to help rebuild the many things we destroyed under the understanding that they would pay us back AND let us have some say in how Countries were divided. They also allowed us to build military bases in their respective Countries to deter another dictator from future transgressions.

They were suppose to pay us back the monies we gave them to rebuild. They never did. They gave us the EUN.

Top Bottom