• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    1032JBT you sound like a very good cop. thanks for the good work you do and in my opinion the good and right attitude towards police work that you have. I am greatfull to have cops like you on the street and pray that you can rub off on all the others you touch. +1 rep given!

J706, you just once again showed me your attitude towards the public and the double standard you are proud to uphold. My wife just happens to be a nurse, does that get her a free pass for all tickets? It shouldnt not for her and not for any cop either. Also I have NO axe to grind. filing a report is just passing along our side of the story, after that I have no control over what happens and shouldnt (also, i didnt say nor will I file any report on the motorcycle incident. i just think the guy is a dumb ass just like any other person who speeds. he was just extra stupid for wearing his uniform on his POV). also, for the record I think citizens who false report should be locked up, so I dont side with axe grinders either FYI. you said I said they were "bad cops" for what they both did. no I did not! I said "2 people who did wrong". those 2 people happened to be cops. I do not speed. I've grown up. so when I see cops not obeying the same laws they would be happy to cite me for (and rightly so) if I broke, I see that as a lack of integrity. am I wrong? or am I asking too much of you and other cops by asking you treat ALL people as equals under the law? that is what the LAW says. but you've already admitted that you wont write other cops, any cops, tickets, sooo obviously I dont need you to answer that. Its pretty reassuring to me when I see other cops disagreeing with your take on police work. I have no respect for you as a cop. zero. I hope you change your views or retire. so thats my opinion. but im sure in your eyes that makes me a cop basher. asking that ALL people be treated as equals under the law = cop basher in your opinion. i get it.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    No sir that is not what I was saying. I have never wrote a citation for someone backing out in front of someone. However it is irritating when people do that. I have wrote un told thousands of tickets over the years for speed and such. I have never wrote a LEO a ticket for anything and I never would for anything. I don't write many tickets now period. I know a lot of people are just trying to get by financially these days. I usually ask them if they have a extra 140.00 this week to give to the state. I just don't have the heart to be a part of that right now.:twocents:

I have NEVER been a cop basher and always have been 100% supportive on here of them. However, you are the exact reason that people have a bad attitude toward police and do not respect them. It is actions like this that make people not trust in police officers to do their job fairly and according to the law. I will give you credit for admitting it at least.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    good thing I wasnt driving, Im getting slower with all my arthritis and back problems and im SURE wouldnt have been able to stop in time. thats why I carry full coverage insurance. Im sure at those speeds id get whiplash too. someone wouldn't have had a smile after that :noway:

You know how it is....He would have been on a silent run and not responsible!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You know how it is....He would have been on a silent run and not responsible!

i shouldnt have made light of the situation by saying all that, but its true in a way. how many drivers would have been unable to stop? she went above and beyond to stop in my opinion. what if the brakes would have locked up and she skidded into an on coming car? probly wouldnt have even got an apology for killing my wife. yeah, now we are getting into hypotheticals, but cell phones while driving isnt smart. if it would have been a civilian I would have posted to vent here too because of the cell phone and the attitude. I just expect that cops have more common sense than the average dumb citizen. believe me, I guarantee you all I hate more regular guys than there are cops in the whole United States. once again, I will say I support good police, and my thread here was not intended to bash good police nor was I saying the cop wasnt a good cop in every other way, but you cant dispute the fact that the cell phone was a major factor in the bad act of almost causing an accident and then to be a cop and laugh, it just pushed my buttons, but I dont think anyone else would be any less ticked and rightly so.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have NEVER been a cop basher and always have been 100% supportive on here of them. However, you are the exact reason that people have a bad attitude toward police and do not respect them. It is actions like this that make people not trust in police officers to do their job fairly and according to the law. I will give you credit for admitting it at least.

yeah he talks about people looking at my post and thinking I have an agenda, I think his department needs to look at all his posts (in other threads too). how can he say he would never write a cop a ticket for anything and still have an ounce of integrity in his system? i dont make the connection.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    yeah he talks about people looking at my post and thinking I have an agenda, I think his department needs to look at all his posts (in other threads too). how can he say he would never write a cop a ticket for anything and still have an ounce of integrity in his system? i dont make the connection.

His posts speak for themselves. That being said, let's not waste any time on him. I'm glad she was ok, and your vehicle is ok too. Had anyone shown such a complete disregard for my wife's well-being I'm sure I would be furious. Hopefully his Department actually follows up on the complaint---I don't see how they can deny it happened when you have so much proof. :yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    His posts speak for themselves. That being said, let's not waste any time on him. I'm glad she was ok, and your vehicle is ok too. Had anyone shown such a complete disregard for my wife's well-being I'm sure I would be furious. Hopefully his Department actually follows up on the complaint---I don't see how they can deny it happened when you have so much proof. :yesway:

in all reality we have no proof of the actual incident. what she has is a few numbers she could have just wrote down off any cop car and a picture she could have taken at anytime of any cop car. yeah you know my wife & I know my wife, but they dont, so Im just looking at it in all fairness from their side. The only comfort she will take in this is #1 she wasnt hurt or killed and #2, no matter what it will go into a permanent record incase this officer ever has anymore close calls that are complained on, or any real accidents, or maybe he has already had some :dunno:

I dont think anyone should lose their job over this, but i think a "talking to" by his supervisor is warranted to possibly correct future incidents like this that CAN and should be avoided. thats all we hope.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    OK, we'll drop backing out in front of someone.
    Let's also ignore the cost of the ticket.

You state that you never have and never would write a ticket on a LEO.
    Assuming some actions deserve a ticket, why would you give one to a deserving civilian but not to a deserving LEO?

If any other LEO would like to chime in with an answer, I'd be happy to hear it.
    I'm just trying to understand the reasoning that exempts LEO's from some or all tickets that a non-LEO would get.

Please remember that unless you have a ID stating that you are in the Military or Retired Military you are a civilian. No disrespect intended for any police officers but they are civilians with the powers of arrest only.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please remember that unless you have a ID stating that you are in the Military or Retired Military you are a civilian. No disrespect intended for any police officers but they are civilians with the powers of arrest only.

Of course, you are correct. I used the term "civilian" to refer to a person who was not a police officer because I have heard/read police officers doing so.
    Mea Culpa.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    One other thing that I am surprised hasn't been mentioned yet as much as devil's advocate is played here:

Maybe he wasn't laughing due to what he did, maybe he was laughing at what the other person on the phone was saying. And noooooo, that has nothing to do with him being a cop.......just a person that made a mistake while driving and talking on the phone.

Just a random thought

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I find it funny that the same people keep having issues with LEOs. :dunno:
    UMMMMMMMMM, excuse me but I have not ever posted a personal negative encounter with an LEO on here. I dont have LEO encounters thank you and Im proud to say.

edit, well i have complained about them speeding past me on the interstate before, but thats all I recall that happened to me. The only cops i try to flame are the ones that have been involved in what I think are bad and illegal actions. I also have flamed bad policies once again in my opinion and view of the law, but isnt that our right?

what is sad is that there are so many LEO issues to take issue with. roll that up and smoke it!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One other thing that I am surprised hasn't been mentioned yet as much as devil's advocate is played here:

Maybe he wasn't laughing due to what he did, maybe he was laughing at what the other person on the phone was saying. And noooooo, that has nothing to do with him being a cop.......just a person that made a mistake while driving and talking on the phone.

Just a random thought
    Well to me that may be just as bad and would mean he was totally wrapped up in the conversation and was oblivious as to what was going on around him.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    in all reality we have no proof of the actual incident. what she has is a few numbers she could have just wrote down off any cop car and a picture she could have taken at anytime of any cop car. yeah you know my wife & I know my wife, but they dont, so Im just looking at it in all fairness from their side. The only comfort she will take in this is #1 she wasnt hurt or killed and #2, no matter what it will go into a permanent record incase this officer ever has anymore close calls that are complained on, or any real accidents, or maybe he has already had some :dunno:

I dont think anyone should lose their job over this, but i think a "talking to" by his supervisor is warranted to possibly correct future incidents like this that CAN and should be avoided. thats all we hope.

I see your point. Hopefully his idiotic behavior is corrected before he causes any damage.

It's downright hysterical :rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think it's funny that the same people keep comming into threads and make comments just to stir the pot :dunno:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    What.................
    Wait......
    You mean there's a pattern here??
    I think you're just reading too much into this. :)

A lot of the same people do have issues with police threads and I will agree with that. You have NEVER seen me do that at all. UncleMike, would you agree that what j706 said is downright pathetic and a slap in the face of the law and justice?

Top Bottom