• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    what about the IMPD officer I saw speeding down emerson at about 8:30pm tonight on his personal motorcycle (silver in color) in his IMPD uniform? he blew by me at the light at emerson and 465 he was going at least 60 at one point in a 40 mph zone. I wish i could have got his plate number but it wasnt worth breaking the law myself to get it. cops like that give the others a bad rep. and he was probly just a reserve, who knows

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    what about the IMPD officer I saw speeding down emerson at about 8:30pm tonight on his personal motorcycle in his IMPD uniform? he blew by me at the light at emerson and 465 he was going at least 60 at one point in a 40 mph zone. I wish i could have got his plate number but it wasnt worth breaking the law myself to get it. cops like that give the others a bad rep. and he was probly just a reserve, who knows

I'm surprised that IMPD doesn't have a policy against that. If we are going to or from work, our patches and badge are not permitted to be visible and our uniform shirt must be covered with a jersey or something.

IF we are stopping somewhere along the way, we are prohibited from doing so in any part of our uniform INCLUDING THE PANTS!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm surprised that IMPD doesn't have a policy against that. If we are going to or from work, our patches and badge are not permitted to be visible and our uniform shirt must be covered with a jersey or something.

IF we are stopping somewhere along the way, we are prohibited from doing so in any part of our uniform INCLUDING THE PANTS!
    I didnt even realize it was a cop until he was just ahead of me and I saw his patch, then when he was down the road a bit and i saw his silver cuffs on his belt I knew it was an IMPD patch like I thought. then when we got cought up in traffic at a light again I clearly saw his patch but was unable to get the plate number sadly. i was a bigger harley type bike with the big hard saddle bags on the sides that are painted like the bike. it was silver.

no helmet either. he will probly end up as road kill driving like that.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI

:scratch: Never heard of a policy like that before. I know a few cops around here who ride a bicycle to work in full uniform.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I didnt even realize it was a cop until he was just ahead of me and I saw his patch, then when he was down the road a bit and i saw his silver cuffs on his belt I knew it was an IMPD patch like I thought. then when we got cought up in traffic at a light again I clearly saw his patch but was unable to get the plate number sadly. i was a bigger harley type bike with the big hard saddle bags on the sides that are painted like the bike. it was silver.

no helmet either. he will probly end up as road kill driving like that.

Naw, he'll live to be 100. It seems like the morons who drive like that never get harmed and the good guys that ride like they have a brain end up getting whacked by a moron in a car and ending up paralyzed, brain dead, or road kill :twocents:

:scratch: Never heard of a policy like that before. I know a few cops around here who ride a bicycle to work in full uniform.

Yeah but we live in the great state of Indiana and I work in the great state of Illinois. Policy differs from agency to agency and by region too. I don't care for the policy but, if you look at posts like Ranger's, I can certainly understand it.

Even if there wasn't that policy, I wouldn't wear mine home. An Illinois badge may as well say LTCH HOLDER if I am in Indiana, that's about all it's good for.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Where are we going with this thread now?

We know E5ranger is upset (and rightfully so) that his wife was almost hit by a LEO. We know one side to this story and I'm not calling E5 or his wife a liar. I'm just putting it out there.

We know E5s wife is going to file a complaint... I think that is the right thing to do!

Now where is this thread heading? Before replying can we keep in mind we have many hard working and dedicated LEOs out there who are members of INGO and are not causing situations like this.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

We know E5ranger is upset (and rightfully so) that his wife was almost hit by a LEO. We know one side to this story and I'm not calling E5 or his wife a liar. I'm just putting it out there.

We know E5s wife is going to file a complaint... I think that is the right thing to do!

Now where is this thread heading? Before replying can we keep in mind we have many hard working and dedicated LEOs out there who are members of INGO and are not causing situations like this.
    I fully agree. 2 bad driving cops in one day in a small area of the city though. someone might know who these two cops are, so maybe they can just say hey stop driving like a dumbass in your car or in uniform.

hopefully this thread just raises awareness for cops and citizens and hopefully the complaint that will be filed will keep someone innocent from being killed. no one should drive like a moron cop or not, but when your job is to enforce the law, you shouldnt be the one endangering people.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That might be a stupid question but how did your wife know this guys was a IMPD officer, was he driving a police or she just knows the guy?

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    what about the IMPD officer I saw speeding down emerson at about 8:30pm tonight on his personal motorcycle (silver in color) in his IMPD uniform? he blew by me at the light at emerson and 465 he was going at least 60 at one point in a 40 mph zone. I wish i could have got his plate number but it wasnt worth breaking the law myself to get it. cops like that give the others a bad rep. and he was probly just a reserve, who knows
    I like the cops who speed on 465 vs the rolling roadblocks. :yesway:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    07s-08s were gray 09s and up are white. I knew one cop who used to ride his own motorcycle to work in uniform, but it only lasted a day before the other cops called him a douchebag. I don't know any currently.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

This is yet another INGO cop watch thread. And a cop bashing thread at the same time. So what we have is a person with a very well know history of bashing cops, starting a thread,mad as heck,and as a third party no less. And then on the same day someone,possibly a cop, driving at least 60 in a 40 with all the horrors that comes with that extreme speed.:rolleyes: Who here has not had someone back out or pullout in front of them. Is it rational behavior to run post it on a website? I don't know about any of you guys but that alone seems pretty weird.:n00b:

Lets us not forget the hypothetical ramming a cop if he dared pull out in front of our OP, you know due to that bad back and all. How about the statement of "someone killing themselves a cop". That sounds like a person condoning that action.

But I hope the OP files a complaint on both. When he does he will automatically not be taken serious IMO. Or IMPD could of course just be directed to the user name and history of the OP with the same results.

I wish we had a section called INGO cop watch.:twocents: It would have about 20 of the same posters on it.INGO COP WATCH....coming soon to a gun owners web site in your state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is yet another INGO cop watch thread. And a cop bashing thread at the same time. So what we have is a person with a very well know history of bashing cops, starting a thread,mad as heck,and as a third party no less. And then on the same day someone,possibly a cop, driving at least 60 in a 40 with all the horrors that comes with that extreme speed.:rolleyes: Who here has not had someone back out or pullout in front of them. Is it rational behavior to run post it on a website? I don't know about any of you guys but that alone seems pretty weird.:n00b:

Lets us not forget the hypothetical ramming a cop if he dared pull out in front of our OP, you know due to that bad back and all. How about the statement of "someone killing themselves a cop". That sounds like a person condoning that action.

But I hope the OP files a complaint on both. When he does he will automatically not be taken serious IMO. Or IMPD could of course just be directed to the user name and history of the OP with the same results.

I wish we had a section called INGO cop watch.:twocents: It would have about 20 of the same posters on it.INGO COP WATCH....coming soon to a gun owners web site in your state.
    Apparently this is where you're going with this thread...seems to be needlessly throwing gasoline on an ember to fuel a flame war with your post and that's just as egregious as anything else that was posted in this thread, even more so IMO It's not the first time i've seen this tactic used.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

first off, I dont bash good cops. you are stirring the pot defending 2 people who did wrong just because they are cops. I have no reason to lie about this nor my wife. nor did I say I would intentionally ram a cop and cause injury. I would not. I have more than just a bad back thank you very much, and I didnt get it or any other problems from old age. but thats of no matter here.
    so 60 in a 40 is no big deal to you then? so you've never issued a ticket for less than 20 mph? I didnt start this thread as a good cop bashing thread, but if thats what your gonna wrongly turn it into then the mods can please close it. this is bull ****! I didnt post some crazy radical story off of youtube or some tin foil hat philosophy. I posted 2 instances that really happened to me and my family and them WE are the ones bashed by a cop. and then you implying that I would have a reason to fear IMPD having my name as if I have something to hide or wouldnt stand by things I post here. you are something else. I have met many people here FTF and cops here too, Im not some whack job hiding in the shadows. I obey and respect the laws, have no criminal record or history, and my word is good. my opinion of you sir still stands although I cannot express it here. :noway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom