• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    Seems there is a lot of talk about BLM, Obama, Hillary, Trump etc. and very little about the officers that are working in our community's.

I would like to say a heart felt THANK YOU!!

May you stay safe.

Virtual handshake!

:patriot:

Last edited:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    40 years an officer. Hired August 06 1975. My first car had a radio and two toggle switches for the lights. I now have a computer two telephones, two radios, a printer (for tickets and accident reports) and wi-fi. Not includinging an AR and an 870. That is what is waiting for me when I get back. I worked 9 years in narcotics, 2 years in Personnel (I hated it) and the rest in motorpatrol. I will retire in july, 2018. Thanks for the kind words. I've seen 5 officers shot (all survived), been shot at 6 times and shot at someone once. Danm .380, all it did waas dent the door of the car he was in.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    40 years an officer. Hired August 06 1975. My first car had a radio and two toggle switches for the lights. I now have a computer two telephones, two radios, a printer (for tickets and accident reports) and wi-fi. Not includinging an AR and an 870. That is what is waiting for me when I get back. I worked 9 years in narcotics, 2 years in Personnel (I hated it) and the rest in motorpatrol. I will retire in july, 2018. Thanks for the kind words. I've seen 5 officers shot (all survived), been shot at 6 times and shot at someone once. Danm .380, all it did waas dent the door of the car he was in.

Thank you for the story and thank you for your service.

Virtual handshake!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Thank you to all LEO's for your service.

Very thankful for what they do for our towns and cities. Very special people.:patriot:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Thank you for the story and thank you for your service.

Virtual handshake!

Thank you. It hasn't always been easy. Too many abused children, too much feeling of helplessness for others and not enough resourses. You see the best of people and the worst. You can never forget the smells of certain apartment complexes.

Knowing the vast majority of the public support you is the best feeling.

Verls65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    HURRUMMPHH !!!! I have had a heavy heart for all of our LEO'S! I have several in the family and was formerly one myself. They deserve better than what a loud minority of citizens (and media)have been giving them!
    From my family to all of you....THANK YOU and stay frosty out there!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you. It hasn't always been easy. Too many abused children, too much feeling of helplessness for others and not enough resourses. You see the best of people and the worst. You can never forget the smells of certain apartment complexes.

Knowing the vast majority of the public support you is the best feeling.

The children. I know how hard that must be.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Coming from a police family, nothing but respect for these guys(and women). Their jobs are hard enough without the added pressure of the media making them out to be the bad guys and the actual bad guys out to be the victims. It's truly sad to see how these people that put their lives on the line every day are being treated. I fear the hatred toward LEOs is only going to get worse with the majority of the media being liberal and the ****posts they keep shelling out in print, social media, and tv. Something has to change...

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Our son is now in week 6th of the newest IMPD recruit academy so all of the recent crap going on his really hitting us hard. Just praying that him and all the recruits and active LEO all stay safe through their careers. Thank you all for all you do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It crushed me. Three child murders in three weeks, all under 16 months of age. I had three more thr rest of the year. The absolute worse part of the job.

I am sure this would totally crush my spirit.
    And not sure I could be trusted not to respond in kind to those that did this terrible thing.
    My best to you and the rest of LEO's who all to often have to deal with these tragedy's.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Our son is now in week 6th of the newest IMPD recruit academy so all of the recent crap going on his really hitting us hard. Just praying that him and all the recruits and active LEO all stay safe through their careers. Thank you all for all you do.

Tell him. Officer safety, never take it for granted. There is never a normal car stop. Never the same run twice. Be vigilant with all you searches. You are never called to a house because someone wants to offer you a grilled burger. I don't mean to be pesimestic but it is a different world he will experiemce.

Top Bottom