• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Mine did the same thing, I ordered a new one off eBay and fixed it.

It seems like a bad design. Has me really second guessing going with the Streamlight over the SureFire. I would switch them over right now if it weren't for all of the holsters I have that are made for the TLR.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    It seems like a bad design. Has me really second guessing going with the Streamlight over the SureFire. I would switch them over right now if it weren't for all of the holsters I have that are made for the TLR.
    I own several TLR-1's and I have only had one cover break. That's for sure not enough for me to switch to a $300 light.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I own several TLR-1's and I have only had one cover break. That's for sure not enough for me to switch to a $300 light.

I have a few too so I'm pretty committed but I looked at the caps on the rest of them after this one broke and they are all one good smack away from doing the same thing.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I can't speak to the Surefire (for what it costs it had better be indestructible!), but I have full confidence in the TLR-1. This one is on its third handgun, and has seen thousands and thousands of rounds fired over it. It's been beat around in training, countless draws from the holster, out in the snow, sleet, and rain, and even fully submerged in a swamp (that particular incident killed a Taser X26 and shorted out a Streamlight Stinger, which I later fixed, but the TLR-1 didn't even notice). It's got some dings and dents but it still works like new.

IMG_20230821_142330268_HDR.jpg

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Looks real to me. Chances of a fake one leaving optics planet are slim, but someone could have returned a counterfeit in the packaging. Streamlight will be able to look up from serial number.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have Streamlights and Surefires.
    I’ll stick to my Streamlights. Better output. Great quality. Surefire is over priced IMHO.

Top Bottom