• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    I got into a debate with a misinformed individual after responding to his facebook post. He used to be a coworked but had to be pensioned off for medical. He now drives a city bus (AKA public transportation). His post basically stated he couldn't believe how stupid Indiana is for taking cities rights away from enacting their own firearms licenses. This post pertains to a Indiana Carry Permit holder being allowed to carry a gun on a city bus as of 1 Jul 11. He is upset because he doesn't want guns in his workplace, and thinks that his bus will now be unsafe with people carrying guns in close quarters and he is upset that I carry my gun in Walmart because Im breaking the law by doing so. My other friends think I should cut my losses and unfriend the guy, but I can't let it go. I'm so frustrated by the misinformed who think your breaking the law because a walmart employee told them so. As of now until then law takes effect, you can not carry a gun on the bus, if you do get on the bus with a gun you are required to inform the driver lol. This guy really thinks that people don't carrying guns on his bus because of the law and that when it changes the bus will be full a gun carrying people. He thinks that it will even make those who carry illegally more comfortable with carrying on the bus since its legal for permit holders. Id like your opinions.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ask him to show you the law. It won't change his mind, but neither will stubborn insistence that you're right and he's wrong.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There are some people that you can prove a stop sign is red, and they still won't believe you because someone told them it isn't. It is unfortunate that there are some people that no matter how much you show them they are wrong, they can never admit it.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    I just can't see how someone can think that people carrying guns legally are a threat. Before the change takes place, people were carrying illegally on his bus but legal permit holders were not because they obey the law. Now people are still carrying illegally but so are the legal citizens so logic tells me he would be safer.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    Unfortunately the guy probably votes in every election. Don't you love people who cancel your vote?

Im so frustrated by misinformed people anymore, maybe it is because I'm getting old but I'm thinking we should pass a law in Indiana that if you don't support them second amendment that you should receive a small forehead tattoo so we can identify them. This way when we see someone with this tattoo who need aid, we can avoid trampling their beliefs by using our weapons to aid them. This way they can talk the perpetrator into not hurting them.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just can't see how someone can think that people carrying guns legally are a threat. Before the change takes place, people were carrying illegally on his bus but legal permit holders were not because they obey the law. Now people are still carrying illegally but so are the legal citizens so logic tells me he would be safer.

You MAY be able to counter his argument that it's illegal to carry in a Walmart (although if he's obstinate enough, he'll never read the statutes for himself), but you'll have a MUCH harder time changing his emotional state regarding guns. His hoplophobia is palpable, so saying that there will be more guns on his bus (carried legally or otherwise) is not likely to sway him to your side. In either case, why bother wasting your time trying? You're just going to frustrate yourself for no good cause.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hillbilly wisdom:

Don't never rassle wit no pig. Y' both git durty, an' th' pig likes it.

Don't never try t' teach no pig t' sing. Y' jes frustrate youseff an' annoy th' pig.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just bow out by stating that if his emotional conclusions cannot be overcome by the actual laws and facts, there is nothing left to discuss.

Also tell him that his hoplophobia is indeed palpable. ;)

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    if I drove a city bus, sure as hell I'd be carrying. Always.

Just bow out by stating that if his emotional conclusions cannot be overcome by the actual laws and facts, there is nothing left to discuss.
    This. There's no point in arguing with a person that insists bits of reality are how they want them, rather than how they are.

Top Bottom