Tinnitus... hand tremor- Magnesium anyone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im going to have to try some the ringing is only bearable when im at work and the air compressor covers it. May also stop the shaking in my hand:dunno: although i think thats just a pinched nerve.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've started taking a Potassium tablet after a hard-working day to fend of leg cramps at night. That, and lots of good 'ole H2O.

I'll tell my wife about Magnesium. She has had tinnitus ever since our daughter was born. Nothing works, and the docs just shrug their shoulders. About anything is worth as shot.

Aging sucks, but it beats the alternative!

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've had tinnitus for years and got hearing aids while in the Army. Never been told about magnesium for tinnitus, they've only ever told me about hearing aids with maskers that constantly plays a tone that cancels out the "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" you think you're hearing (tinnitus)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Something else about tinnitus:

In my father-in-law's instance, it was related to his acid reflux. He got THAT taken care of (May have been a hiatal hernia procedure?) his tinnitus went away.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow glad I decided to check back in after a long absence. I have horrible tinnitus and am borderline in need of hearing aids. So I may give this a try. Is it readily available at the local Drug Stores or do you have to go to one of those health food supplement stores?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wow glad I decided to check back in after a long absence. I have horrible tinnitus and am borderline in need of hearing aids. So I may give this a try. Is it readily available at the local Drug Stores or do you have to go to one of those health food supplement stores?

INGO is turning back civil since the election is in the past.
    Kroger and most stores will have the supplements.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I also have tinnitus, but I really don't mind it. Mine sounds like cicadas in full song. It's always a summer evening in my head. :)

This ^^ is why I started taking care of my ears before they got worse. As an electric guitar player and lover of loud things, I'd be deaf as a post if I didn't start intervene awhile ago to take hearing protection more seriously.

Sorry about your condition, but glad you can endure the suffering with humor.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Low mag levels go hand in hand with other electrolytes...calcium...potassium. Often times, the low magnesium is a causative agent for low potassium and calcium. The more you know...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This ^^ is why I started taking care of my ears before they got worse. As an electric guitar player and lover of loud things, I'd be deaf as a post if I didn't start intervene awhile ago to take hearing protection more seriously.

Sorry about your condition, but glad you can endure the suffering with humor.

I'm pretty vigilant about hearing protection when I shoot, but I probably should wear something when mowing, running the chainsaw or leaf blower too. As for suffering, I really don't mind it. Most times it's in the background and I forget about it. It does get louder on occasion, but still not to the point that it interferes with my ability to hear things like normal conversation, tv, etc.. I do have to sometimes plug my ears when the real cicadas and tree frogs are out, but that's just so I know if I'm really hearing them, or if they're only the ones in my head. :):

Top Bottom