• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    I've been twice and had an enjoyable visit both time. The RO was attentive, but I'd rather have that than a free for all. It's really convenient for me and the staff is friendly. I'm willing to pay a bit more.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Why do you say that? You have info to back it up or do you just have a personal problem with that range?
    Tone
    Just based on the trends of that place. Just as soon as somebody comes in with a round that is too hot for their liking....or brings in steel case or aluminum cased. Then, the new policy will be "they showed us brass cased ammo, but then shot up a bunch of steel cased...our new policy is that you have to use our ammo."

If someone brought in rifle ammo that was armor piercing, which is against their policy I'm sure, then that person should be banned. But instead, they now force everyone to purchase their marked up ammo.

With that kind of mentality, guns would be banned and the 2A would be dissolved in no time.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Tone
    Just based on the trends of that place. Just as soon as somebody comes in with a round that is too hot for their liking....or brings in steel case or aluminum cased. Then, the new policy will be "they showed us brass cased ammo, but then shot up a bunch of steel cased...our new policy is that you have to use our ammo."

If someone brought in rifle ammo that was armor piercing, which is against their policy I'm sure, then that person should be banned. But instead, they now force everyone to purchase their marked up ammo.

With that kind of mentality, guns would be banned and the 2A would be dissolved in no time.

I've got 99 problems and this ain't one of them.

Buy your own range and you can set your own rules like I do.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Much as I would love to try them out, I just can't seem to justify having to pay for their ammo and what burns me is having to buy targets from them. Really? Seriously? The cost I suppose fits since it's up North (I'm being stereotypical here) but I like BGF for my indoor range. The drive is about the same and the money I save goes right back at buying more ammo and/or targets from any place I choose.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm glad they're around. The more ranges there are, the better choices we all have. I support their right to have whatever rules in place they feel works best for them, however, those same rules keep me from spending my money there. Fortunately for me, BGF is a lot closer and they are not only less expensive, but allow rapid fire, drawing from a holster and other things that I believe aren't allowed at Tim's. That said, they fit the bill just fine for some people and that's great.

Mustafa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2014
    Carmel
    It's a great place, they also have a good deal on shooting from Groupon, you get an hour lane, gun, 50 bullets, and eye and ear protection for $35 instead of paying around $70 without this offer!

BBQ GURU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    North Side of Indy
    I've had several good experiences at Tim's. Until today. I wanted to shoot one of my old .22 pistols - a prewar Woodsman that was made before HV ammo existed. I brought 3 kinds of ammo, all lead round nose standard velocity, some cci standard and two types of match grade. Tim ran over, looked at my .22 ammo and said I couldn't shoot it "because of the lead." WTF? They wanted to sell me some of their .22 jacketed ammo...which was high velocity. No go in my prewar Woodsman.

The rules say "No lead (unjacketed), armor piercing, tracer, or explosive ammunition is allowed at any time." He also checked my .357 ammo, which was partially jacketed Blazer and Fiocchi hollow points (half the exposed bullet was lead) - and those were fine. His range, his rules. I'll just vote with my wallet.

This really sucks because it's only minutes from my house. But this seems inconsistent and arbitrary. Besides, all bullets have lead in them, even the jacketed ones, right? Shaking my head...time to check out Eagle Creek.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Went to Tim's today to pick up a Gen 4 Glock 19, the staff was professional and courteous even though I came in 15 minutes till close, everyone still seemed to be in good spirits despite the workday coming to an end. In fact it was so pleasant that my buddy who called and told me that they had what I was looking for in stock, hung around until I arrived and was processed. I look forward to returning with him when he picks up his Glock, so that we can get some range time in.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Any time I have been there always had been treated very well, the place is nice and any time I stop by they have had a very nice selection of handguns as I did get a G42 from them.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    You no longer have to buy their .223, however you have to have jacketed ammo. Alloy wont work either. They will run a magnet over your ammo, as long as it is clear you can use it.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I go to Tim's all the time (notice that I am from Westfield), and the place is great. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and I have never had one bad experience there. I bring my own ammo, which as mentioned, the sometimes scan with a magnet. They do make you use their ammo if you use one of their rental guns, but that is pretty standard anywhere. They do have a pretty nice selection of rental guns too, I might add.

The do make you buy at least one of their targets, but they are only 1 buck, so no biggie. I then tape my own targets on top of theirs once it has been used.

I bought a year-long range pass, so now I show up with a dollar in my hand and I am ready to go.

As mentioned, the place is clean, well maintained and staffed, and they are really good about letting you keep your brass should you want to. I am there at least twice a week, maybe more, and I can recommend it highly. I bought 2 guns there as well, and the prices were fair, and they get approval very quickly, and treated me fairly every time.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've had several good experiences at Tim's. Until today. I wanted to shoot one of my old .22 pistols - a prewar Woodsman that was made before HV ammo existed. I brought 3 kinds of ammo, all lead round nose standard velocity, some cci standard and two types of match grade. Tim ran over, looked at my .22 ammo and said I couldn't shoot it "because of the lead." WTF? They wanted to sell me some of their .22 jacketed ammo...which was high velocity. No go in my prewar Woodsman.

The rules say "No lead (unjacketed), armor piercing, tracer, or explosive ammunition is allowed at any time." He also checked my .357 ammo, which was partially jacketed Blazer and Fiocchi hollow points (half the exposed bullet was lead) - and those were fine. His range, his rules. I'll just vote with my wallet.

This really sucks because it's only minutes from my house. But this seems inconsistent and arbitrary. Besides, all bullets have lead in them, even the jacketed ones, right? Shaking my head...time to check out Eagle Creek.

If you don't mind a little bit of a drive or soon to be cold weather, we would be happy to have you at Parabellum. Copper plated bullets only?? Like the plating won't scrub off on impact? Puzzling to say the least.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer- CertifiedM&P armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Bought my Dan Wesson ECO from them, very nice people and the range is immaculate. Good place to take novice shooters as the attendants are very helpful.

Top Bottom