• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    Well as already discussed, the left will be gearing up to get some more gun control laws on the books. I think it's time to remind some of our new representatives about their pro 2nd Amendment position during the campaigns. Here's a rough draft of what I've put together so far. I'll send it to my new congressman (who I have faith in); will probably send it to our new Senator (who I have little faith in), and will probably skip our senior Senator (who I have no faith in & who could give a flying poop what we think).

Dear Congressman Bucshon,

I am writing you concerning the tragic shooting in Arizona over the weekend & the resulting gun legislation the democrats are planning to pursue because of it. You ran your campaign on a pro 2nd Amendment stance - now is your time to prove you were being honest. I think most of us can agree that a truly deranged person with real psychotic problems should not be able to legally possess a handgun. The circumstances that would constitute a mental disorder need to be very clear & precise, and not open to interpretation. For the record, a veteran who wakes up in the middle of the night from a bad dream after having returned from serving in a combat zone would not constitute a mental disorder/sickness.

Some of the other proposals I’ve heard include outlawing high capacity magazines and no handguns within 1000 feet of a federal official. I strongly urge you to vote against any kind of legislation along these lines that may be proposed. My life and that of my family is not any less important to us just because we might be within 1000 feet of a federal politician. In fact, the shooting in Arizona proves that a shooting can take place within just a few feet of a federal official, and as a law abiding citizen, I should absolutely have the right to protect myself & my loved ones should that scenario play out in my presence.

Remember sir that you promised to limit government intrusion into our lives and enhance your constituents’ personal freedoms. Should you fail to do so, you can just as easily be swept out of office in two years as you were swept in.

Sincerely,

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    sounds good, not to hijack your thread, but instead of starting what im sure will be dozens of threads like this and to give you all an idea of what my draft looks like as well, heres mine that will be mailed in the morning

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you today in order to express my opinions and concerns regarding the aftermath of the tragic and senseless shooting in Arizona. While I express my deepest concern and sympathy to all those directly affected by the actions of this man, I feel that patience and common sense should prevail over any type legislation that may be introduced by those who feel that tougher gun laws would have prevented this. I understand that a member of Congress and a federal judge was among the victims of this heinous act, but I ask that you not vote for any of the anti-gun bills such a ban against high capacity magazines or where one can carry a handgun, or any of the other numerous proposals that are likely to be brought forth in the aftermath of this even. This would only punish those who are law-abiding citizens who wish to utilize their right guaranteed to them by 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of United States of America and fought for and defended by millions of men and women throughout our country’s existence. The 2nd amendment reads as follows: “A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
    Should you decide to vote for any of these bills introduced solely to limit the 2nd amendment, you will be infringing on that right. I again ask that you give some serious thought of the consequences your vote will have on law abiding citizens before voting in favor of one of these anti-gun bills, which would violate the oath you swore when taking office to “uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.” If you were to choose to vote for the passage of one of those bills, you will be violating that oath of office you took.

The illegal, unmoral and heinous actions of one disturbed individual cannot be allowed to affect even more people than he already has. If any of those anti-gun bills pass and become law, then he has not affect a few dozen people, but every citizen in this country who will have their rights taken away from them or limited by these proposed laws.

Thank you for your time, I only hope my voice and the voice of those who you represent are listened too. Remember, you work for the people of your district and we can vote you back out of office. I believe that the American people showed that very clearly in November 2010.

Sincerely,

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this is my letter to the sheriff in Arizona that hates guns.

Hey numnutz. get your head out of your ass and read the constitution. your state is getting things right and will be moving further ahead when they don't re-elect your sorry behind. Great job by the way on missing the opportunity to stop this kid from buying a gun. you were probably too busy harassing legal gun owners to catch him. You also looked like a Alzheimer patient on the news, congrats!

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land

Hey numnutz. get your head out of your ass and read the constitution. your state is getting things right and will be moving further ahead when they don't re-elect your sorry behind. Great job by the way on missing the opportunity to stop this kid from buying a gun. you were probably too busy harassing legal gun owners to catch him. You also looked like a Alzheimer patient on the news, congrats!

hahahahahaah :ar15::ar15::ar15::woot: repped for that one :patriot:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX

Hey! You stole my letter! Good thing I signed your name to it :D

Top Bottom