• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Got a standard M4 collapsible stock that is from PSA. It wobbles quite a bit. I need it to stay collapsible so my youngest son can shoulder it.
    I don't want a stock that costs more than the rifle, lol, as it's just a range rifle.
    I really like the Hogue overmolded stock and the bit of research seems to be that it is a pretty tight stock

Any first hand experience with the Hogue or a similar stock that's not as sloppy?

....and the receiver extension is mil spec also from PSA if that matters.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have 2 Magpul ACS stocks and 2 ERGO F93 Pro stocks.
    The ERGO's lock up tight with zero wobble. It comes with it's own buffer tube. This was actually a Magpul design they did not go with and is the forerunner of the Magpul UBR. It is more expensive, but it is a rock solid stock with ALOT of LOP adjustment.
    The Magpul ACS stock is also a solid stock with a built in cheek rest and has a small storage area and tubes for batteries.
    Both have their pro's and cons. I love the Ergo's stability, but the Magpul is more practical.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Another vote for the ctr. I think bcm has a tight licking stock as well but I can't remember the name of it.

jjtroy912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2013
    Ft. W
    UBR > CTR> MILSPEC. The ctr has a little wobble the ubr is basically no wobble. I can't speak on anything other than magpul. Good luck

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Sweet, looking into the Magpul CTR now and others mentioned.....still wanting pros and cons of that Hogue if anyone has/has used it.

Link above looks like good info.

Not buying just yet, but researching for before too long.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Any of the Magpul stocks with the friction lock will do the trick.

If your son can manage the LOP of the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine (it's got a short LOP since it's made for a modern body squared to target firing position), it's absolutely solid.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Magpul UBR is the way to go. Rock solid. The second revision is now released and is a bit lighter (and cheaper) than the original UBR...if weight is a concern. I'm using a UBR on my Service Rifle build and chose the first revision UBR, as I wanted as much weight as possible. Will probably load the built-in compartment with lead as well.

The UBR is also designed to provide a very repeatable cheek weld (cheek portion always remains in a fixed position)...something you don't always get with a collapsible stock.

Magpul UBR link
    https://www.magpul.com/products/ubr-collapsible-stock

Lead weight
    White Oak Armament

Last edited:

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Magpul ctr or acs. the lock on those makes a real difference over the factory m4 rattle trap stock.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    One of my AR's is more old school looking with the XM177 style bbl, so yanked Magpul CTR and MOE forend.
    Like it better with the smaller dia. handguard and reg tele (6 position new style).

May fill a lower slot on the reg cheapy tele and add set screw to take some of the rattle out.

Have the Magpul single point sling endplate, rattles like crazy...........so the reg stock doesn't seem to bother me LOL.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Rainier arms has a decent sale on all magpul stuff this weekend, I ordered an ACS-L for $68 with shipping. Worth a look if you've decided on one you want.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    UBR or F93. I have both, IMO the UBR is better because it's quicker to deploy and the thicker recoil pad.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Safariland Super Stock

I like to be different.

I've shot every stock thus far mentioned and would go with a Rogers Super Stoc over all, which is what Safariland sells.

I'm not at all concerned with being different, though it tends to go hand in hand with being right.

Top Bottom