• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I suppose I'm going to have the same issues with the Fobus mag pouch I just ordered a couple of days ago...:(

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Cool, my 230s are hitting almost 800 out of the 30S. Suppose I can try Appendix and move it to 3:00 if they object.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I suppose I'm going to have the same issues with the Fobus mag pouch I just ordered a couple of days ago...:(

I don't mind fobus holsters. I have never had good luck with the mag pouches. They do a good job of not letting the mags fall out, even when you pull on them. ;)

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    It's not canted for cross draw. I think it's what y'all are calling FBI cant. I don't really carry it cross draw, it's closer to 11:30. That's why I was concerned about breaking the 180°.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You can work on your Fobus. With a unloaded pistol, see of you can see where exactly it is catching. Mine was catching on the front bow of the trigger guard when pulling the pistol out. It was starting to raise a burr. I dressed the area to make a smoother transition with a Mill cut file and then smoothed it with emory cloth. After this step it was not catching, but I wanted it looser. With the pistol removed, I blew a heat gun through it and when it became pliable, I simply pulled it apart with my fingers until it cooled. It now works great. You can tighten them up with heat also.

I saw another man drill out the rivet that is on the trigger guard side. He then spread it open with heat untill it was too sloppy, and he let it cool that way. He replaced the rivet with a small screw with a nylock nut. He just tightens it untill he likes the tension.

Good Luck

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Friends don't let friends buy Fobus or Serpas!
    Never understood the hate towards the serpa holsters. After carrying a m9 through two deployments in one, I can say they are durable and reliable. The active retention is really nice so you don't end up dragging your handgun through the dirt by a lanyard (ask my platoon Sargent about this). Seems like everyone hates them because some idiot on the internet shot himself and every firearm blogger jumped on the bandwagon stating switching away from the serpa not only made them safer, but magically reduced their draw time, increased comfort, insert some other benefit.

Just my opinion.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    many people have shot themselves while using sherpa holsters. Thats why most training institutes wont let you use them.. On the fobus i would drill out the rivet that is directly in front of the trigger guard and put a very small bolt with a lock nut on it that way you can adjust the tension. I had to do that to the one i have to make it work. If not the holster would come out. If i would have known back then that fobus holsters were junk for self defense i would have never bought one. I only use mine when bow hunting and that's it. For competition it should work.

Top Bottom