• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I bought a Fobus holser for my G21SF/G30S so I could do the USPSA shoots and it is tight. Any clever suggestions on how to loosen it up a little? Most of the time when I try to draw from it, the holster comes, too. I can Mongo it and get it out or reach over with the left hand and hold the holster but neither of those are particularly attractive alternatives.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I bought a Fobus holser for my G21SF/G30S so I could do the USPSA shoots and it is tight. Any clever suggestions on how to loosen it up a little? Most of the time when I try to draw from it, the holster comes, too. I can Mongo it and get it out or reach over with the left hand and hold the holster but neither of those are particularly attractive alternatives.

I'm not trying to be "that guy", but Fobus holsters suck for this reason. They start out so tight you can't hardly draw from them and then they eventually loosen up. Once they finally loosen up enough to draw, if you use them for much competition or training that involves drawing, it won't be long before they won't have enough retention to keep the pistol in while running/stooping/etc.

There are many quality Kydex options for not much more money than Fobus.

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I suppose that's what I get for trying to save some $$. I didn't really want to spend a bunch of money just to play a game....

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I didn't really want to spend a bunch of money just to play a game....

:rofl:

Oh man, did you ever pick the wrong game!

It can be done though. I don't shoot USPSA as much as I used to, and now when I do, I run my EDC gear. I have to shoot a goofy division to do it, but it's still fun and great practice.

Last edited:

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I did LOL about choosing the wrong game. I've got an buddy that keeps pushing me to try it. I've got an IWB but it has a cant to it so TECHNICALLY it breaks the 180° rule....

Barry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    :rofl:

Oh man, did you ever pick the wrong game!

It can be done though. I don't shoot USPSA as much as I used to, and now when I do, I run my EDC gear. Ink have to shoot a goofy division to do it, but it's still fun and great practice.

what goofy division?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I did LOL about choosing the wrong game. I've got an buddy that keeps pushing me to try it. I've got an IWB but it has a cant to it so TECHNICALLY it breaks the 180° rule....

I don't think a normal FBI cant holster would be considered breaking the 180°, you'd just have to pay extra attention to the muzzle (as you always should anyway) while reholstering.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Cross draw will most likely be a no go. But forward of the hip is legal in limited division. FBI cant with holster at 4 o'clock is ok. I shoot single stack all the time with a carry holster.

Top Bottom