• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    1. Used the range at MSF&G for the first time. Really enjoyed it. Very nice range.
    2. Put my first 50 rounds through the Kahr PM40. Couldn't keep 'em on the paper. Finally realized I was shooting about a foot or so low at 15 yards out. Am I that bad? My son, who had already demolished the center of his target, tried the Kahr and did no better than I. It must be the sights.
    3. Put my first 100 rounds through the Delta Elite (10mm). Dead center from the first shot. What a sweet, sweet gun!
    All in all, quite a nice evening. Didn't hurt that we followed the visit to the range with a visit to Nick's Chili Parlor.

Not FTAs on either gun, by the way. FTA=Failure to Anything (unless you count hitting the target with the Kahr as an anything).

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    mmmmm chili
    Been going to Nick's for 30 years.
    In fact, happened to play golf with Nick and his brother a couple of times, back in the 80s.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Where is MCF&G? Is that the range near Crawfordsville Road? If so, I need to join and give it a try. Atterbury eats up a lot of gas at about 25 miles each way.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Where is MCF&G? Is that the range near Crawfordsville Road? If so, I need to join and give it a try. Atterbury eats up a lot of gas at about 25 miles each way.

That's the one. If you ever want to go for a day as a guest let me know and we can meet up. The guest fee is $10, but it would be a great way to check out the range :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So other than no FTAs and not being able to hit the paper, how did the Kahr feel? I was the same way with my Walther, I could barely keep it on paper at 50', and could turn around and nail the target dead center with my Glocks. 400 rounds and a whole lot of dry fire later and I've gotten much better with it. I'm still considering the Kahr since the Walther is just a hair too big to easily pocket carry.

ps: I knew you'd love the Delta Elite!

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Hold on! What's this Nick's chili and where is it? I love chili, and being close to Cincinnati there are alot of em around, so I have to try Nicks also!:bacondance:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Kahr feels good in the hand, but I got a blister on the web of my thumb after a few magazines. The gloves I had with me didn't fit in the trigger guard, so the blister just got worse. I like the gun. I got it for a very specific purpose: to stick in my pocket when I don't to carry my G27 IWB. Also, to ankle carry as a BUG. It fills that niche just fine.

Nick's Chili Parlor is on Lafayette Road just south of where Tibbs hits it. Near the Eagledale Plaza. The best chili I've had outside of homemade. Good Polish sausages, too.

A perfect Saturday outing is a trip to the range, then eat at Nick's, then stop by Long's Bakery (just down the road) and stand in line for a dozen glazed to eat the rest of the weekend. It's good enough to make it an INGO event.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just to be clear, Nick's is not Cinncinnati-style chili. It's a real bowl of chili, spiced with a secret recipe that even the employees of the restaurant do not know. You can have it with or without spaghetti, beans, onions, and cheese. I like it 5-way, that is, with everything.

The restaurant isn't much to look at, but the food sure is good. It opened in 1974 and I've been eating there since 1975. A couple years ago Nick sold out, but the recipe went with the store, and I can't tell a difference.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    One more thing, if you don't know Indy very well, Nick's Chili Parlor is in a great part of town. By that, I mean a great part of town to make sure you are carrying.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I'll be out there few times this week if you want to check it out.

Off the rest of the week, ready for some shooting/fishing/camping.

latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    My Khar PM45 was shooting way off also, I had to file the front sight down into half the white dot and move the rear a little and now it is perfect. I also put Crimson Trace sights on it-both type sights shoot 3" groups at 7 yards. Don't give up on it yet.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been out there either and would love to check it out. And about Nicks there used to be one off stop 11 and Madison back in the day. I remember my pops would take me there after my little league games. Ahhhh those were days I'll always remember.

Top Bottom