• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Gun My Right

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    A few weeks ago I was thretened by owen county Sheriff I was just minding my own buiness went to the grocery store to buy the wife some ice cream about 10:30 on a friday night when I got to the grocery store I was shopping around and noticed a cop following me every isle that I went down but he did not say anything to me while I was in the store when I went to purchase my items I noticed him hideing behind a soda machine I payed for my stuff and I walked out when I got to my car I heard the words stop right there now sir so I turned around knowing who it was and said hows it goin officers and the two of them responded saying put your hands up but they did not have weapons drawn I asked i there a problem they responded buy saying a little problem what reason do you have for carring a gun in the store I told I have a LTCH and that is my right to carry my gun and that I fill safer when I do so he then told me for his safety I was being detained while he runs my licenes and serial numbers and then put cuffs on me as he was doing so he continued to tell me that I was lucky that when he stopped me that if I would have turned around to fast that he would have popped a cap in me and my night could have been alot uglier I was very up set but I did not give them any S*** because I wanted to get aways from these two misinformed idiots as soon as possable but I did ask for there names and they quickly took off the hand cuffs and told me that I was free to go I said ok sir thank you have a good night but I would still like to have your names then they ask why and I told them that to honest I am very upset and that I will probly contacting the sheriff of owen county they just smurked and walked away!!! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do about the because every day that goes by I get a little more upset and violated.

Thanks everyone, Brad

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yeah id be contacting their sherriff, the State Police, The FBI, Channel 6, 8, 13, 59, news, and i wouldnt stop hounding any of them until you got an answer. Stuff like that is BS. Good thing you didnt get scared and bust a cap in their A**es!! i mean, middle of the night and someone yells stop right there and doesnt announce police or sherriff. a couple of trigger happy *^%$&%&*%&^$&* %&^%($%(%(%&*$ is all i can say without saying it and getting banned

i always keep a digital camera in my car and i would have started snapping pictures and recording too. please follow up on this, you deserve an appology at least. id be trying to do financial damage to at least those two officers. in the form of suspension without pay or something, but they know its your word against theirs, thats why they puff up so big. get em drunk in a bar and then they cant hide behind that badge

Last edited:

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    any marked police cars ? plate number , unit number ?
    You can still file a complaint , the department will just have to research who called in your information to find out who it was.
    If they didn't have a marked car or weren't in uniform , that could have gotten ugly real quick

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...and that is one seriously enormous sentence! :D

But definitely file a complaint.

...and welcome!

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Call the Sheriff...now. There is a log of some sort of the call or of the encounter with you. When they ran your numbers there is a record of the request in NCIC, or at least in their in-house records. If you can remember the time of the incident, the place and date; you can at least find out the names of who was working that shift and go from there.
    There is no reason for them to give you their names, being ignorant are no reason to hide behind a badge.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Hire a lawyer, and and pursue criminal and civil complaints against them. They know, or should know, that open carry is legal and not grounds for a Terry stop. When they cuffed you, you were arrested, not detained, and they didn't even have legal grounds to detain you. Any cop that says otherwise is a thug, a liar, a traitor to the Constitution and the law they swore to uphold. Fight back, or like any other criminals, the scum you ran into will continue to terrorize other law abiding citizens.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    That there is why I never leave the house to get the wife Ice cream.
    I had to go to Kroger the other night to buy Tampax, Ketchup, and Magic Shell ice cream topping. I told the lady at the cash register it was for a Mythbusters experiment.

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    The more inquiries the department gets from outside lawyers, paralegals, news agencies etc, the more action you'll get from them. Once that Chief/Sheriff sees trouble on the horizon from the Mayors office, the press, and legal wrangling, he will have Internal Affairs investigate it ASAP to CYA.

Top Bottom