• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Im not seeing the problem. Figure its 90% hype, and the remaining 10% is forced vaccinations.. something I remember being done to me and I turned out fine...

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Im not seeing the problem. Figure its 90% hype, and the remaining 10% is forced vaccinations.. something I remember being done to me and I turned out fine...

My aunt was brain damaged by the DPT vaccine 43 years ago and my grandparents are still taking care of her. She has the mental capacity of a 5 year old and has grand mal seizures every other day. She is on heavy doses of expensive barbituates that help control the seizures and also rot out her teeth. My grandparents feed her, wiper her butt and take care of her periods.

She has a poor sense of balance which assisted in her fall 5 years ago that broke both of her knees. Needless to say, she has a hard time getting around now.

I was listening to Garrison the other day after the CNN debates and he didn't see the difference in opt in or opt out for vaccinations. This is the difference.

My child will not receive the DPT vaccination as a baby.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Diphtheria and Tetanus are horrible things to get (Pertussis is bad too, but not in the same class IMHO). I would rather risk my kid ending up brain damaged (a 0.0007% chance of that happening according to wiki) than suffer thru D or T. I am sorry for what happened to your aunt dont get me wrong, but putting your kids at risk as a result seems... not right to me.

In recent years a lot of these once eradicated diseases are coming back for the reason of parents NOT vaccinating. Its not just their own kids they are affecting, its society as a whole. Personally if it was up to me I would deny medical care to anyone who was affected by an illness that they (or their parents) choose to not be vaccinated against.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ummm... I have had vaccines in my life. I was never, not once, FORCED to have it. My mother was always at the doctor's appointment with me and gave consent. Other than Rick Perry in Texas, who is FORCING people to get shots?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Diphtheria and Tetanus are horrible things to get (Pertussis is bad too, but not in the same class IMHO). I would rather risk my kid ending up brain damaged (a 0.0007% chance of that happening according to wiki) than suffer thru D or T. I am sorry for what happened to your aunt dont get me wrong, but putting your kids at risk as a result seems... not right to me.

In recent years a lot of these once eradicated diseases are coming back for the reason of parents NOT vaccinating. Its not just their own kids they are affecting, its society as a whole. Personally if it was up to me I would deny medical care to anyone who was affected by an illness that they (or their parents) choose to not be vaccinated against.

Great totally understandable you chose to vaccinate against D and T, but what about gardisil? Or the many other sexually transmitted diseas vaccines that will follow?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Great totally understandable you chose to vaccinate against D and T, but what about gardisil? Or the many other sexually transmitted diseas vaccines that will follow?

You of course are correct in labeling it a vax against a sexually transmitted disease..however it is also a vax against CANCER! is this not something we have been working on for years? Would it make a difference if it was for lung cancer? Prostate? I do agree that forcing girls to have the HPV vax at age 11 is a bit young, and should NOT be forced. It's my understanding that as long as they get it before they are sexually active it will still protect them...if they refuse..or their parents refuse, then I would hope their insurance company would refuse coverage should cancer rear it's ugly head.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I do not think that vaccines harm the average child, but I do believe that there are side effects on some that is not disclosed to the general public. The government has decided that the benefits outweighs the side effects; it is a numbers game to them. What currently is in most vaccines is aluminium, which is not good for your brain. Guess where your blood flows after it is injected? To the brain.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX

If I could vaccinate my kids (or myself) from STDs... of course I would. Kids are going to have sex regardless, why wouldn't I want them to be able to have it as safely as possible?

Hell, I was vaccinated for TB when I was young (lived in the UK, very common over there. Or was when I was of vaccinating age anyway). Probably would never get it regardless, but im glad I have/had a defense against it (not sure of lifespan of that vaccine)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Diphtheria and Tetanus are horrible things to get (Pertussis is bad too, but not in the same class IMHO). I would rather risk my kid ending up brain damaged (a 0.0007% chance of that happening according to wiki) than suffer thru D or T.
    Do you really believe the harmful effects are ALL or NOTHING? Either the kid has ZERO brain damage or the kid becomes TOTALLY brain damaged?

How can you be sure that your infant isn't 10% brain damaged? Or 50% brain damaged? How could you ever know the lost potential of your child? They might grow up and everyone just assumes they are a slow learner and lacking focus. That could be the difference between success and academic frustration/failure.

How much brain damage is worthwhile, to obtain a marginally lower chance of contracting a rare disease that almost everyone survives?

You of course are correct in labeling it a vax against a sexually transmitted disease..however it is also a vax against CANCER!
    That's the vaccine that almost killed my sister. You could not be more wrong.

Gardasil "prevents" (read causes) 4 types of of HPV (out of 100 strains).

Even if you get HPV, not all cases cause cervical cancer. In fact, most do not.

Even if you get cervical cancer, not all cases are deadly or untreatable. In fact, most are not.

It is NOT, and should NOT be called a cancer vaccine. Cancer is a symptom of putting poison in your body. Some women, like in my sisters case, actually develop the disease that the magic ****ing shot was supposed to prevent. If you survive your seizure then you can live with that.

156537_459056446506_537371506_6069599_4205953_n.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am not sure why this thread was even started. Everyone knows that a serious conversation would never be allowed on this topic. The murder of crows will drown out any other voices.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am not sure why this thread was even started. Everyone knows that a serious conversation would never be allowed on this topic. The murder of crows will drown out any other voices.
    A good way to start would be to say something meaningful.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Do you really believe the harmful effects are ALL or NOTHING? Either the kid has ZERO brain damage or the kid becomes TOTALLY brain damaged?

How can you be sure that your infant isn't 10% brain damaged? Or 50% brain damaged? How could you ever know the lost potential of your child? They might grow up and everyone just assumes they are a slow learner and lacking focus. That could be the difference between success and academic frustration/failure.

How much brain damage is worthwhile, to obtain a marginally lower chance of contracting a rare disease that almost everyone survives?

Your right, a 10% fatality rate (on diptheria, didn't feel like looking up the other 2) is totally worth the risk, especially when compared to the millions of people who have been vaccinated with no ill effects. How silly I must be to not want my children to bet on the smaller number. If the vaccine caused 10-50% brain damage we wouldn't see the rise in academic performance that we have seen over the last century as vaccine use became more and more wide spread. They keep having to re-define IQ scores to keep them in the same range (what is 100 IQ today was comparable to 140 IQ 30 years ago). That totally sounds like a little brain damage in statistically relevant groups to me.

There are many things to feel are conspiracies these days, vaccines arnt one of them. Look at things like smallpox. Basically irradiated till people stopped vaccinating against it, and now its back. Far better to risk a horrible desease than an adverse reaction that occurs in a tiny percentage of people Personally if I could take a vaccine that would prevent STDs and Cancer, but carried a 10% fatality risk, id take that vaccine, and I highly doubt I would be the only person in line to get that.

Of course given a vaccine nearly killed your sister its understandable why you are so predigested against them.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Respect for the rights of the individual dictate disregard for the rights of the collective, and vice versa. Anyone who champions one cannot support the other, they are exclusive viewpoints. I lean toward individual rights myself. You have the right not to vaccinate any of your family, and I my family. Anyone who claims vaccination should be undertaken to prevent Disease does not champion or support individual rights at all in the least Degree nor do they understand what individual rights are, and probably never will.

Top Bottom