• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have a friend who is big into knives in the same way that most of us are into guns. He says it's an article of faith in the "knife community" that things will go much worse for you, legally, if you defend yourself with a knife instead of a gun, even if the circumstances are otherwise identical. This article would seem to reinforce that belief.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    what the hell's the matter with some judges and prosecutors? I guess its better to have a jury trial than a bench trial like the vet in the story. I guarantee someone on a jury would have found him not guilty. Don't depend on the judge to be a wise person.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    what the hell's the matter with some judges and prosecutors? I guess its better to have a jury trial than a bench trial like the vet in the story. I guarantee someone on a jury would have found him not guilty. Don't depend on the judge to be a wise person.

Jury trials cost alot more.... maybe he could not afford it.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    This does not make any sense at all. Based on the article why in the world would he be convicted. I thought it was innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. Were they able to prove that Lowe stabbed the scum bag before they went to the ground? Even if that is the case the guy was chasing him with a pipe. I think that gives you the right to defend yourself with deadly force. Philly has not been known lately to make logical decisions though.

Top Bottom