• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Survive-It-All

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    The producers of Recoil magazine have recently released an issue titled "Off Grid" and I have yet to finish the entire magazine (I am about half way) but what i have read so far has been extremely informative.

I strongly suggest purchasing and reading it, it has information for experienced preppers all the way down to the newbies!

20130714_120312_zps0385436e.jpg

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Hey, Survive-it-all, nice photography! Did you stage the magazine? I see the knife is in the picture, for whatever survival needs we may put it to.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Recoil magazine lost me as a reader. HK MP7's are not to be trusted in the hands of law abiding free men and women.

Maybe they dumped the guy that printed it, but the whole mag and anything associated with it is poison.u

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Recoil magazine lost me as a reader. HK MP7's are not to be trusted in the hands of law abiding free men and women.

Maybe they dumped the guy that printed it, but the whole mag and anything associated with it is poison.u

Actually, Jerry Tsai did end up resigning from Recoil. The magazine nearly died due to that controversy and effectively has been rebooted since then.

Survive-It-All

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    Any standout info in the magazine that you cannot find in this forum or online elsewhere?

Well i am sure at some point it has been mentioned on here but, why search through thousands of posts for the information contained in this one magazine?

And, no sadly i did not take the picture, it was just the only one Google could find lol...

I do not read recoil magazine, in fact i did not know this was published by them until after i bought it, but it was so well written and clearly understandable that i figured it to be a good read for anyone. I personally don't judge an entire company by one persons actions or words, if we did that would there be anywhere we could shop that there wasn't something that rubbed us the wrong way? Not to say that I would in anyway support a company that neglected to uphold or 2nd amendment rights.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well i am sure at some point it has been mentioned on here but, why search through thousands of posts for the information contained in this one magazine?

Uh, for the same reason most print media formats have gone the way of the dodo?
    There are numerous reasons why the web is such a vastly better consumer experience than print media, likely the foremost being instant user reviews and commentary.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Uh, for the same reason most print media formats have gone the way of the dodo?
    There are numerous reasons why the web is such a vastly better consumer experience than print media, likely the foremost being instant user reviews and commentary.
    I just purchased this magazine, and I for one like print media. There is something to be said for being concise, and searching through thousands upons thousands of pointless comments to glean a little good info isn't something I have time to do. Yes I like INGO, but it tends to get pretty repetetive. I've only skimmed the magazine, but I can say for certain that an hour and a half spent reading it would yeild more info than the same time on INGO.

Bsubtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 19, 2013
    Dekalb county
    The magazine format is a bit worrisome to me although I like having hard copies. So few magazines have in depth information and tend to scratch the surface of issues. For a prepper it seems important to have ideas fully formed. Maybe this magazine provides that, does it?

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Ummmm. How bout a take you off the grid right now and tell you to answer so and so question because it'll mean life or death. Bet ya $50 you'd be heading to the nearest library.

I can make a website for $.99 a month and put believable information that is totally falsified. If I can, anyone can, and with that said, that is why we have millions of useless websites to sift through.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ummmm. How bout a take you off the grid right now and tell you to answer so and so question because it'll mean life or death. Bet ya $50 you'd be heading to the nearest library.
    Are the librarys going to be open if we are off grid? Are you sure you will have access to your own library?

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    What makes you think the Internet would be available if SHTF? If that's not evidence of naive I don't know what is, no insult intended. For info the library would be about the only place available post SHTF. If SHTF do you think anywhere would be open? Of course not. All anyone would have to do is open the door, walk in, find what you want to read, and READ it! And how would someone not have access to their own library? I personally carry a little note pad in my BOB with important info and printouts in it.

Top Bottom