• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I started off good, but then again, I was taught good fundamentals. I do agree that the first thing a lot of us think is that it is the gun. When I first started shooting handguns, it seemed that way. I had always done great with air pistols (the nice kind, not the crap kids play with today), and I knew how to stand, grip, aim, etc. For whatever reason, an actual pistol was just different. I kept thinking to myself "I thought these were supposed to be accurate!". Within a hundred rounds or so I had adjusted, my groups were coming together better, and it was clear it was just me.

Now, I can normally tell when it is the gun, which it rarely is.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been outshot by others with my own guns before, but I have also outshot others with their guns before. I have good and bad days with my Walther. I dont know what it is, but it can sometimes be a little tricky to shoot for me. Some days I can do really good with it and other days I am all over the place.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    This was the exact reason I became a range officer, was to shoot other's guns! :D We got it all the time: This XXX won't shoot worth a (an) XXX, I'm gonna send it back! Only to have it shot by someone else and have it be perfectly fine. People take it two ways: 1. Wow, okay, I need to improve. 2. You &$@&, go to hell.

Even more folks refuse to take personal responsibility for their shooting or lack of skill in it. Always blame the gun. I got a RIA Commander for $200 because the guy who shot it "couldn't hit crap with it", plus he said the "cheap sear" was bent and he could not reinstall it properly (turned out he was trying to put it in backwards!). Makes you wonder... He would have rather sold it at a huge loss than admit failure. :(

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Ruger Bearcat I shot like crap with it... interesting enough my most accurate shooting at the time was a smith and wes 5.5 inch barrel 357 shot the top off the 20 oz coke bottle that I couldnt even hit with the 22 at about 50'

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I know it's not me or my guns, its that my targets jump just before the bullet hits them...yeah...umm...yeah....

I'm still not a "good" shot. I know my limits and they aren't very far, I think I'm decent with a rifle. The good news is that if it matters, I'm probably far enough to flea.

Top Bottom