• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They suck, there is nothing worth going for.
    Wife and I went 20 years ago when we were first married. Wanted to go first to have our fun before we had kids so later we could dedicate the time to the kids' experience. Never went back. It got too expensive and too political. Its fun, but not over $100/day fun. (plus food, travel, hotel, etc)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Go in February. Theme parks are relatively quiet. Worst case you have to wear a sweatshirt.
    It’s fall Break now only time we have off together. Besides living in South Dakota for 3 years makes you appreciate the South.
    Wife and I went 20 years ago when we were first married. Wanted to go first to have our fun before we had kids so later we could dedicate the time to the kids' experience. Never went back. It got too expensive and too political. Its fun, but not over $100/day fun. (plus food, travel, hotel, etc)
    Thats why we will not go to the Mouse House. For the most part Universal seems to have stayed out of that Realm.

Looks like we can be out the door for tickets , lodging for 5 Nights at a nice resort for under $1k

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wife and I went 30 years ago when first married as well. Park had just opened if I recall.

Last time we were in the area, our daughter and a friend headed over to Universal, and it seemed like I remember tickets for Universal being higher than Disney, and that was before all the Covid craziness.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It’s fall Break now only time we have off together. Besides living in South Dakota for 3 years makes you appreciate the South.

Thats why we will not go to the Mouse House. For the most part Universal seems to have stayed out of that Realm.

Looks like we can be out the door for tickets , lodging for 5 Nights at a nice resort for under $1k
    Are you planning on being at Universal for 5 days?

I was in the park for a work event in the evening back in 2018 and was only there a few hours in the rain, but unlike Disney, I'd think one could see everything there is to see in Universal in a day, unless it's expanded significantly in the last few years.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Wife and I went 30 years ago when first married as well.

Last time we were in the area, our daughter and a friend headed over to Universal, and it seemed like I remember tickets for Universal being higher than Disney, and that was before all the Covid craziness.
    I think full retail they are pretty Pricey. If it we’re not for some discounts they would be a lot more. If I recall Dollywood is north of $150 a day As well.

Take transportation cost out of the equation and it’s doable .

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think full retail they are pretty Pricey. If it we’re not for some discounts they would be a lot more. If I recall Dollywood is north of $150 a day As well.

Take transportation cost out of the equation and it’s doable .
    Been a while since I visited Dollywood. My folks lived in Wears Valley for about 10 years, so we were there a few times during that time.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Are you planning on being at Universal for 5 days?

I was in the park for a work event in the evening back in 2018 and was only there a few hours in the rain, but unlike Disney, I'd think one could see everything there is to see in Universal in a day, unless it's expanded significantly in the last few years.
    We have 5 days worth of tickets. But my wife’s Aunt and Uncle live about 30 minutes away . So its going to be most likely see a few things at the Park then spend time with them as well.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wife and I were there10-ish years ago. It’s no Disney but it’s good. No more than 2 days if you were taking your time and literally seeing everything there is to see.

Unlike many here I enjoy Disney for what it is and the amount of work and imagination put into it behind the scenes. But then again I can usually appreciate most things to a degree and find a way to enjoy myself when spending time with the wife.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wife and I were there10-ish years ago. It’s no Disney but it’s good. No more than 2 days if you were taking your time and literally seeing everything there is to see.

Unlike many here I enjoy Disney for what it is and the amount of work and imagination put into it behind the scenes. But then again I can usually appreciate most things to a degree and find a way to enjoy myself when spending time with the wife.
    I've really enjoyed Disney, especially when staying there. Last time we made a big trip there was in 2008 and stayed there, over a Christmas with kids.

Been a time or 2 since but just for day trips.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I've really enjoyed Disney, especially when staying there. Last time we made a big trip there was in 2008 and stayed there, over a Christmas with kids.

Been a time or 2 since but just for day trips.
    I’ve been going since I was 3. Haven’t been in about 5 or 6 years and I miss it.

Top Bottom