• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    You may already have knowledge of this, but I just recently learned of the Tytler Cycle. It has been around since the 1700's and is a political theory about the growth, life, and dissolution of a republic or democracy. I think many people have known this intuitively, but it seems to me that Tytler expressed it quite well.

600px-Tytler_cycle.png

Here is an article I found that was written in 2015. The Tytler Cycle Revisited | CommonSenseGovernment.com

Based on that article, it seems to me that on January 20th 2021 we officially moved from the "Dependence" to the "Bondage" part of the cycle.

This both saddens and encourages me. I am saddened that Americans have become so selfish and narcissistic that bondage was happily accepted. I am encouraged because perhaps the cycle will continue and eventually something, or some part of this nation could be restored to the vision our founding fathers had. A nation of laws, not people or influence. A nation where everyone wins or looses based on their own efforts and merits. A nation where differences don't matter, but rather ones character and actions determine their success or failure in this world despite any differences. The key ingredient is our ability to survive the "Bondage" portion of the cycle so there is someone left to start the next portion of the cycle.

I am not sure what plans you have to help the cycle past the "Bondage" stage...but..... IMHO, I think the best thing we can do is peacefully work with our families, our neighbors, and friends to help educate them to grow and understand what is happening. It will take a lot of time and a lot of effort, but it is the only path I see forward if we are going to restore even part of the republic our founding fathers challenged us to keep.

My main point is.....THERE IS HOPE.....albeit long term in nature.

Last edited:

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I just wish the masses would shut off tv and self destructive media and realize one thing. That aside from superficial “labels” put on us from the powers that be, we are all Americans as one. And as one America we can do anything to achieve greatness and liberty.

Top Bottom