• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    The point folks are making here, as well as other threads of yours, is you are very drive-by. You drop content, after content, after content, but typically wont put your two cents in on it. And if challenged, you often either dont respond, or are snarky about it. Or act like you are so smart that you cant be bothered to educate us because we wont understand it.(at least that is how you come off) Not cool.

I think what folks are asking, is that if you want to discuss something, discuss it. Dont just drop a video and walk away. Not speaking for anyone else, but that makes me feel like you are simply regurgitating talking points and agreeing with them, without truly understanding them enough to have a rational, educated discussion about the pros and cons. Because if you truly understood the topic, you'd engage in the thread(s) and discuss the details of the post and try to convince us (if necessary) why we should believe what you posted.

If you want to just sit there and share what you see and move onto the next meme, this aint the place. Stick to Facebook with that shallow behavior.
    Dear C-Monk:

It (to me) seems that you have never had to read 200 resumes for an entry level job….. And please don’t misunderstand me you may have.…. But a fellow (or fillet) that does not seem to be able to form a cognizant thought or sentence with out the use of crayons deserves all of the ridicule he can absorb. And I am quite willing to join in the fun. Now if someone will please tell me how to ignore a single individual on this **** software I’ll take my pills and go to bed. :fogey: :lmfao::wavey:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dear C-Monk:

It (to me) seems that you have never had to read 200 resumes for an entry level job….. And please don’t misunderstand me you may have.…. But a fellow (or fillet) that does not seem to be able to form a cognizant thought or sentence with out the use of crayons deserves all of the ridicule he can absorb. And I am quite willing to join in the fun. Now if someone will please tell me how to ignore a single individual on this **** software I’ll take my pills and go to bed. :fogey: :lmfao::wavey:
    Easy.
    Assuming you are on a PC, In the left hand column in one of his posts, click his name. In the popup that appears, click ignore. Done and done.

• Love
    Reactions: Mij

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Arguments about the op aside, which I think are warranted btw, I really like the definition of stupid as someone who does things that harm others without helping anyone, including themselves. It has a certain precision that I think is lacking in the dictionary definition and gives clarity to situations where seemingly intelligent people do things that end very poorly, something we see all the time.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I really like the definition of stupid as someone who does things that harm others without helping anyone, including themselves. It has a certain precision that I think is lacking in the dictionary definition and gives clarity to situations where seemingly intelligent people do things that end very poorly, something we see all the time.
    "Everybody plays the fool, sometimes..."
    There's a song in there somewhere.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I found a link to a translation of the original article:

The author included this explanation of societies in decline:

"a) the stupid members of the society are allowed by the other members to become more active and take more actions"

It struck me when reading it that ballot harvesting can be defined as the bandit class taking action to increase the involvement of the stupid class in decision making.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Didn’t need a video to know that.

Personal observation leads me to believe that most people aren’t stupid, they’re ignorant of facts/reality and too comfortable in their entertainment induced slumber to even question what they’re told.
    It'd be easier to just say they are stupid. Being willfully ignorant is being stupid.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn’t need a video to know that.

Personal observation leads me to believe that most people aren’t stupid, they’re ignorant of facts/reality and too comfortable in their entertainment induced slumber to even question what they’re told.
    Okay. Agreed. But. Let’s just say they’re stupid in a stupid-is-as-stupid-does kind of way. Present company excluded of course. It’s always “they” who is “stupid”.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Two observations about this thread.

1. @rob63 managed to dig a useful insight from this thread. So it’s not useless.

2. I’m pretty sure now, that TheTrooper is bobzilla’s shill account.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    First off I am happy you think I'm smart enough to make a shill account (I'm not). But to compare us is unfathomably cruel.
    Hear me out. If I were making a shill account I would pretend I don’t know how to do it. Also, I would post with the shill account, things I wouldn’t post with my real account, so as not to make people suspicious. Which is exactly what made me suspicious. See?

Top Bottom