the stuff nightmares are made of (trigger warning)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    While you’re in there, you’re going to want to do the “slingshot mod”, remove the mag disconnect, and remove the load chamber indicator flag. You’ll have a hell of a nice shooter when you’re done. A VQ trigger and it’s near perfect.
    that's the plan! well, no trigger, yet. working on cleaning everything now, it's pretty grimy.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    C'mon @model1994 you can reassemble it, and make it better than before.
    getting there. I got it from a member on here who used it as a tractor gun, so it's got a bit of corrosion and is pretty filthy inside. It's detailed work with little parts like this. Going to do a few mods but keep it simple with this one. I'd like to go all out like @d.kaufman but will do that with one in better shape, removable grip panels, etc. This will probably be my 'tractor' gun as well. My .357 is a bit of a cannon for varmints around the property :):

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I got a deal on one a few years ago because it was assembled improperly and the slide wouldn't even move. A few minutes on you tube and found to hold it pointing straight up and disassemble. Worked perfectly. I found to click it back together while it is pointed straight up and totally vertical to work very well also.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    "We have the technology!"

Yeah, yeah.....heard it before.
    The "technology" and six million dollars will get you a half a$$ed action figure production line and a trademark that will eventually be overwhelmed by something called a "professional wrestler". Go figure.

Stop with the negative vibes man!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Just think of it like a Legos set and you will be fine! Study the parts diagrams on say Numrich arms or find a video on YouTube. Just remember the upside down trick. Trust me, you can do it with a little determination and patience! Good Luck! :wavey:

Top Bottom