• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0246.htm

Key point: "A personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Montana and that remains within the borders of Montana is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce."

I suspect it won't go anywhere, but it's a more aggressive assault on the gun-grabbing anti-rights people than anything I've seen in Indiana.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    it would certainly encourage small gun makers in each state if that would work and I think that would be a good thing.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If I remember correctly, Montana's Governor Brian Schweitzer (Dem) is a big time supporter of Barack Obama, yet is supposedly anti gun control. Makes a lot of sense :nuts:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If I remember correctly, Montana's Governor Brian Schweitzer (Dem) is a big time supporter of Barack Obama, yet is supposedly anti gun control. Makes a lot of sense :nuts:

If I recall correctly you are correct, but I believe that the Montana Governor also gave then Senator Obama a bit of very stern advice and that was to stay away from guns. Somehow I think Obama is going to ignore Gov Schweitzer.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Montana is one of a number of states getting a tad fed up with the federal government's exceeding it's Constitutional limits. They are getting more and more vocal about it, too. They were one of the states who's state government threatened to seceed if SCOTUS ruled the 2nd Amendment wasn't an individual right in Heller.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Remember, Montana is the state that told the Feds to blow the old "double nickel" out of their ear.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN

i suspect the sport of hunting generates a lot of money for montana

it would make sense, in that regard, for the gov to be publicly pro gun

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If I recall correctly you are correct, but I believe that the Montana Governor also gave then Senator Obama a bit of very stern advice and that was to stay away from guns. Somehow I think Obama is going to ignore Gov Schweitzer.

Sadly, I believe you are correct. Obama has a lot of folks to appease on the far left and most of them are gun grabbers.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Assuming the bill passed and Montana actually went to bat for its residents, I wonder if this would affect NFA items as well.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Assuming the bill passed and Montana actually went to bat for its residents, I wonder if this would affect NFA items as well.

I would think it would to an extent, at least for those things not excluded from coverage from the bill. The bill, however, specifically excludes explosive warheads, firearms with a bore greater than 1.5", and firearms that fire more than one round per trigger pull. Short barreled rifles and shotguns would seem to be covered though.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Montana is one of a number of states getting a tad fed up with the federal government's exceeding it's Constitutional limits. They are getting more and more vocal about it, too. They were one of the states who's state government threatened to seceed if SCOTUS ruled the 2nd Amendment wasn't an individual right in Heller.

In that case, I'd be forced to move to Montana. That is, unless a closer state seceeded, bit it's actually not secession. We're not talking about us leaving, we're talking about states that don't want to follow the law leaving. We are the ones who want to uphold the constitution and abide by the law of the land. A lot of us fought and some of us bled for this country. Our ancestors fought in every war and we have a duty to protect it "from enemies foreign and domestic."

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In that case, I'd be forced to move to Montana. That is, unless a closer state seceeded, bit it's actually not secession. We're not talking about us leaving, we're talking about states that don't want to follow the law leaving. We are the ones who want to uphold the constitution and abide by the law of the land. A lot of us fought and some of us bled for this country. Our ancestors fought in every war and we have a duty to protect it "from enemies foreign and domestic."

:+1:

Also, rjwin, considering your sig line, I strongly suggest you attend an Appleseed ASAP. There are stories told there of which you should be aware, but in the meantime, I'll suggest you consider a gentleman named Hezekiah Wyman, who was known to British troops as "Death". Look him up if you like, but the story comes to life when you hear it at an Appleseed shoot. Current Appleseed Schedule

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom