• edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    40 I can deal with, butt not DAK. UGH

The price tells one how popular they aren't.
    YMMV, but I have P229s in both DA/SA and DAK and I have no problem with either.

Yes, a mail order P229 .40 DA/SA with no case and one magazine advertised price is a little more. but not much more than a DAK on GB.

Mail order guns in general have what appears to be a cheap advertised price.
    But by the time you pay all the extra fees to get it in your hands, the final total price is nowhere near the advertised price.

Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    I finely shot one myself, it did nothing for me.
    I want to say its about $200.00 bucks for parts. If I remember it negates doing it unless it was bought really well, or out of love.

That’s about right. I did it once maybe 4 yrs ago and it cost more than made sense. (I’m a Sig armorer.)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How do the palm swells feel in the hand? I was noticing that on my P220, the Hogues were dang near Glock level of flatness. Great grips, but not a bit of contour to them. CZs have me trained to like a bit of a grip contour.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    How do the palm swells feel in the hand? I was noticing that on my P220, the Hogues were dang near Glock level of flatness. Great grips, but not a bit of contour to them. CZs have me trained to like a bit of a grip contour.
    I love them. I have them on my Walther Q5 and liked them there so I was pretty confident I would like them on the AXG. A small caveat being I like to make sure I get the meat of my support hand thumb behind the gun when gripping and these really help with that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Why are so many police departments sold on DAK? How us that better than your SA/DA P226, P220, P229 etc?
    About all I see for sale nowadays is DAK in those LE trade in.
    Maybe it was that there was still some revolver legacy mindset still in the higher levels of the administration of the departments. As officers started with revolvers aged through the ranks and retired, to be replaced by officers that started out with semi-autos, maybe the DA only mindset was eliminated.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Why are so many police departments sold on DAK? How us that better than your SA/DA P226, P220, P229 etc?
    About all I see for sale nowadays is DAK in those LE trade in.
    I don't believe the DAK is better than the SA/DA version.
    Departments may have issued the DAK because of training considerations compared to SA/DA training.

There are some who believe it's a harder to learn to safely handle a SA/DA without having unintentional discharges.

For me, having learned on and started out carrying a double action S&W revolver with a typical DA trigger weight of 11 pounds or so for some years, a 6 pound trigger pull for every shot isn't a problem with me.
    DAK is in the same ballpark as Glocks, S&W M&P, etc

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to deviate from the current discussion, but just had to note that with a couple hundred rounds now through it, my P220 Legion SAO in 10mm is easily the handgun I shoot best. I did get a trigger job on it, but it was well worth it. I’m not good enough with handguns to shoot a 2” group at 10 yards, but I am with this one!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Sorry to deviate from the current discussion, but just had to note that with a couple hundred rounds now through it, my P220 Legion SAO in 10mm is easily the handgun I shoot best. I did get a trigger job on it, but it was well worth it. I’m not good enough with handguns to shoot a 2” group at 10 yards, but I am with this one!
    So by shoot the best, you mean shoot the most accurately?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That does look pretty good. Plus, the P226 is one of the few guns that you can run a factory 9mm, .40 and .357 Sig barrel in with the same mags and two recoil springs. They are pretty nice shooters as well.
    Need some ammo for that 357 barrel?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    No caption needed.

531c5de26d79b32ed8383d85891cdb5f.jpg

Top Bottom