• ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Loved it! Thanks. :rockwoot:

But, it will be a somewhat "empty" feeling knowing there won't be more.

You will let us know asap when your book is printed and ready for sale, won't you?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Loved it! Thanks. :rockwoot:

But, it will be a somewhat "empty" feeling knowing there won't be more.

You will let us know asap when your book is printed and ready for sale, won't you?

Oh there will be more, I've already got the whole second portion outlined. but I'm going to have to focus on cleaning this up and getting it ready before tearing into the second part.(and third, and possibly 4th).

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Excellent story! Read the whole thing today, my boss isn't very happy with it, but I enjoyed it.:yesway:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    And if you are on either, please help out by liking on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nathan-Hale-Jefferson/368351656614329?ref=ts&fref=ts

or following on twitter:
    @NateHaleJeffers

Bump the above, I need as many Likes and followers as I can get!

And to update everyone, I'm 1/3rd the way through self edits and updates and added about 15 more pages of content and made about a hundred thousand fixes of various kinds.

Just got the first 3 cover concepts:

And am slotted to submit for editing on 4/21!:rockwoot:

And then the best news, completely unrelated to the story, I got contacted about the job I was applying for and have a phone interview tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Last edited:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Best of luck to you on the interview. I like the cover with the railroad tracks, mostly because I just finished Atlas Shrugged and trains play a central role in the story. No other reason, always loved trains.:yesway:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Final!

WJ4reduced_zps63c364e2.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Final approved cover photo above!

Now I am wrapping up a few finishing touches before sending it off for editing on Thursday!

Any last comments, changes, additions, subtractions anyone thinks should be included? After editing I'll have precious little time to make changes.

And, last but not least, here is my first draft of the 'blurb' to go onto the back of the book:
    [FONT=&quot]With the economy slowing down and inflation heating up John takes a new job to help make ends meet at home after his wife is laid off from her high paying job as an attorney. This new job has him traveling across the country and working long hours away from home. While on one fateful trip the heartland of the country is rocked by a series of devastating earthquakes that cripple the nation by killing and injuring thousands and thousands and displacing millions of inhabitants. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now John is stranded nearly 2000 miles away from home with no easy way to make it back to his loving family in need. In his attempt to get home he battles against the flow of refugees fleeing the devastated area and encounters many deadly trials along the way. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]While he is busy making the trek home, unbeknownst to him a power hungry tin pot is exploiting the tragedy and lack of government and is trying to take over his neighborhood.[/FONT]
    I've always been bad at summaries, hopefully that looks good? Need to make it catchy so people will actually read it ;).

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Alrighty, everything is back from the editors, I'm starting to send out advance PDF copies to reviewers this weekend! Last changes are being made to the cover and the test run physical paperback is being printed on Monday!

If you liked the story please check back here for updates in the next week or two, so you can either
    A) buy the book ;) or hopefully at least
    B) write me a 5 star review on Amazon/B&N or other book sites where it goes up for sale (no, you don't have to give it 5 stars, but if you want to give it LESS than 5 stars I'd ask that you at least look at the improved finished product first... ;) )
    C) maybe help me get the word out by posting on any other forums you are a member of, tweeting, facebooking, etc etc (I've put in a couple hundred hours in the past month, and will be putting in a few hundred more, as well as hundreds of dollars, but I can't get it to everywhere...)
    Oh, and BTW, I'm setting up a Book Bomb day, which is a coordinated day for fans to buy a copy (usually the first or second day of a release) to help move it up the ranks and become more visible.

And last, but not least, there is a brand new Izula to be given away in celebration of going to print, details to follow!:rockwoot:

Top Bottom