• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most of the third world has very bad leadership and a lot of first world leadership chooses to ignore that fact. They will go to the olympics and enjoy the illusion that their hosts are not corrupt thieves.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    Most of the third world has very bad leadership and a lot of first world leadership chooses to ignore that fact. They will go to the olympics and enjoy the illusion that their hosts are not corrupt thieves.

And it certainly seems like a lot of first world leadership considers them to be role models.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why are many beautiful parts of the world complete ****holes?
    Besides people...?

The year I went to work for DynCorp, they lost more people in Columbia than in Iraq. I don't think many people really grasp how dangerous a lot of South America is, myself included.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Attending the Olympics is not a cheap vacation. Those that can afford it will likely have some pretty high expectations of their accommodations and how they like to be served. I think many spectators will be in for a rude surprise when they are paying top dollar money and getting a third world experience.

I can't imagine what the corporate sponsors will be spending to host some private events.

Sadly all the money spent will not lift the country/continent out of second/third world status and the people that should benefit from it will only suffer and never see a dime of benefit.

Well anyone who attended the Winter Olympics in Sochii should know better. That is, if anyone even remembers THAT mess.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    :+1: Yep, many have expected this to happen.

From the second I heard the announcement on the radio. I just hope there's no repeat of Munich but lord knows there could be a battalion of ISIS in that city fully equipped for mayhem and Rio wouldn't have a clue until crap started exploding.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    From the second I heard the announcement on the radio. I just hope there's no repeat of Munich but lord knows there could be a battalion of ISIS in that city fully equipped for mayhem and Rio wouldn't have a clue until crap started exploding.

Yeah, possibly. But from the way it sounds, RIO is probably to s_ _ _ _ y for Isis.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    I just hope there's no repeat of Munich but lord knows there could be a battalion of ISIS in that city fully equipped for mayhem and Rio wouldn't have a clue until crap started exploding.

Tin foil hat time... Aloha Snackbar attack, at the OLYMPIA Shopping Mall, in Munich, one week to the day prior to the start of the Rio Olympics... hope it's not a portent of things to come.

Top Bottom