• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Things at work are getting really lean. We only have about 40% of our dept. left and there's talk of 4 plants shutting down. I hope ours isn't one of them. I honestly can't believe I still have my job at this point, but am glad I do. Even though it's completely miserable. Our pay is down about 30% and the work load has doubled. FJB!!!

Lpherr

Occupied
    Well fellas, I have to get my shower and head for the sheets. That alarm starts screaming way too early.
    I wish you all a wonderful evening.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Things at work are getting really lean. We only have about 40% of our dept. left and there's talk of 4 plants shutting down. I hope ours isn't one of them. I honestly can't believe I still have my job at this point, but am glad I do. Even though it's completely miserable. Our pay is down about 30% and the work load has doubled. FJB!!!
    Have you started looking yet? Before I got my current job, my previous employer was decent enough to give us all about a year's notice. It was a phased termination though. I was lucky enough to be one of the later ones.

I started applying with my current employer as soon as I heard that and it took me nearly a year of sending, revising and resending resumes. No human actually viewed them, so I had to get creative with their resume-scanning algorithm.

I started using all kinds of "key words" (COBOL and JCL being two of them) to the point that the final version was darn near unreadable to me. But I got picked. Got hired, twice! First offer was for a lower salary grade than the second offer. I had to call the HR department to see what I was supposed to do. They said, "Turn down the lower grade offer and take the higher grade!" So that's what I did.

Anyhow, that long ramble was just to say, get your resume' in order and keep it updated. Maybe even get a LinkedIn account (as much as I loathe that, because it's not what it was back in 2009 when I first got on there).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom