Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yea the good old days of doing that have passed for the most part. Can you find anybody you can hire ? Not worth a fall DD
    I'm not going to hire anyone. I'll probably just do it by hand from the ladder. It was just so much easier and faster to use the leaf blower. I just know that they're probably full of these oak "feathers" that have been falling judging from what I see on the grass and on the roof. I want to get them out before it rains and they turn into a big wet mess of glop. :):

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n fellas, nice out on the deck today. The hummys are definitely frisky, sounds like a bee hive out here. Bright sunshine for now.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I had one of those satellite dishes on the roof at my old house. I climbed up with a caulk gun of roofing tar to remove it. I had all the screws out and just as the dish lifted away from the roof, hornets started pouring out of it like water.

I don't know exactly what happened next, but I got off the roof and never touched the ladder.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Hey DD you really need to check into some gutter covers, leaf guards, or whatever they're called. I haven't had a single issue with clogged gutters since they've been installed.

I think I've said this every year about this time. Hope someone will take my advice someday..

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I had one of those satellite dishes on the roof at my old house. I climbed up with a caulk gun of roofing tar to remove it. I had all the screws out and just as the dish lifted away from the roof, hornets started pouring out of it like water.

I don't know exactly what happened next, but I got off the roof and never touched the ladder.
    YIKES! That's a real horror show for me. About the only thing I hate in the world are bees, wasps, hornets, etc. Snakes, spiders? Don't bother me at all. I'd rather take on a lion than some bees.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom