Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I told her that this was going to really screw with me retiring (if she brings them home). I'll be working until I'm in my 80's if we have to raise these kids. That's if I even live that long.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If we were 20 years younger? Then yeah, maybe. But we're both 61. The twins are 4, and the other child is 2.
    Oof. That's a tough one Doggydaddy. My wife wants to adopt/foster 2 kids and I'm 52....I better not say anything to her about the twins....Anyway, she has an autoimmune disorder and every other year has a surgery that takes more and more functionality from her hands. I already do more housework than I would like and I know the desire is there with her, but I fear the workload as the years pass

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oof. That's a tough one Doggydaddy. My wife wants to adopt/foster 2 kids and I'm 52....I better not say anything to her about the twins....Anyway, she has an autoimmune disorder and every other year has a surgery that takes more and more functionality from her hands. I already do more housework than I would like and I know the desire is there with her, but I fear the workload as the years pass
    Sorry to hear that about your wife foszoe! :( But yes, similar situation. DoggyMama has fibromyalgia and neuropathy in her feet and legs and will sometimes just fall down when she's trying to do yard work or even just walking.

She's been through so much... the loss of her younger daughter to drugs, then a severely broken ankle which took months and multiple surgeries to heal, then esophageal cancer and the attendant difficulties with that. I should be an honorary CNA after tending to her through all of that.

She had always been such a hard worker... always in 10th gear. Now she can't do those things and it makes her crazy and of course shifts the burden to me (which is a mantle that I gladly accept).

I'm just not sure I'm up for raising kids. I chose not to have kids for a reason. I love the grandkids though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    at some point, even with my own kids, I looked at them and said, you want to be treated like adults so start acting like one, and oh yeah, don't let that door hit you in the ass on the way out
    That's the way this daughter has been. When you criticize her in any way, it's always "I'm a grown-ass woman"! As soon as you tell her to deal with her problems and grow up, it's always, "But you're my mommy! You're supposed to take care of me!" :xmad: **** a lot of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom