mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I already spend a fortune on lithium batteries for all of my trail cameras. I just order 100 at a time every few months. I have a huge box to go to recycling and missed taking them to the annual clean up day last Saturday. I realized on Sunday that it had been the day before. I may need a bigger box cause I think I missed it last year too based on how many are in there.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Do you use callers to get them in closer or they’re close enough already?
    I use my buddys caller and tail shaker. The caller looks like a frisbee and lays flat on the ground which is nice, helps keep it out of the line of fire. The tail shaker is a small box with a wire and a fake tan tail attached. It moves the tail quickly in all directions. It'll cover a 3'ish circle. Sometimes I get lucky and they'll just be stolling through the area but not very often.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    We pick up road kill deer (thru the DNR/sheriff's department so doing it legally) and use them as bait to hunt over.
    We used to stop by the hog farmer up the road for dead carcasses. Havnt done that in a while but it did work good when we did.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Floors are swept and I need to switch the laundry and then head outside to get my plants out of the garage and into the sunshine and feed those critters. Cole should be here in an hour and a half and then we need to go to town. Might check out a few yard sales to see if there is anything he needs.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We used to stop by the hog farmer up the road for dead carcasses. Havnt done that in a while but it did work good when we did.
    My cousin had a calf die last year (probably a twisted gut from what we saw when we cut it open) so he called us to see if we wanted it for bait. His tractor was down so he had no way to bury it. Hubby went off with my truck and brought it home...sticking out of the bed cause it was so big....what a sight. The coyotes wouldn't touch it. He cut it open thinking the scent would draw them in...just buzzards and hawks were eating on it so he finally buried it after the ground thawed before it started to stink.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My cousin had a calf die last year (probably a twisted gut from what we saw when we cut it open) so he called us to see if we wanted it for bait. His tractor was down so he had no way to bury it. Hubby went off with my truck and brought it home...sticking out of the bed cause it was so big....what a sight. The coyotes wouldn't touch it. He cut it open thinking the scent would draw them in...just buzzards and hawks were eating on it so he finally buried it after the ground thawed before it started to stink.
    The hogs we used were stinking when we got them. Probably why they worked so well. Stopped using them because the smell wouldnt wash out of the truck and would linger for weeks. Buzzards and hawks had a hay day with them too.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The hogs we used were stinking when we got them. Probably why they worked so well. Stopped using them because the smell wouldnt wash out of the truck and would linger for weeks. Buzzards and hawks had a hay day with them too.
    Piggies are just stinky. I'm so glad my daughter and her hubby are no longer working at the hog farms. They had no idea their clothes were stinky after they were washed....until after they had stopped working there for a while. That is one smell I just can't handle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom