The ones that got away which I regret now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Had a S&W K38 masterpiece when I first started shooting. Sold it to buy a sig cause I "needed" a semi auto. Still kick myself in the rear for that one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    Also good point on sentimental guns. Thankfully the ones I'm really attached to from family or other things I still have. Even if they aren't worth anything they're priceless

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I had a gorgeous hk squeeze cocker I sold to a buddy to help fund my nods. I rarely shot it, but still miss it. Don’t regret it though, I use the nods way more.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Actually sold 2 back in 90's. Colt Gold Cup- Two tone finish, ran well out of box. Next was a 3in S&W 629 Snubbie(Lew Horton). Was a beast with Magnums, but 44Spec tamed it.
    After that a few fantastic plastic Glocks, and owned 1-3rd Gen 5906 S&W. It became a duty gun, till the PD went G22.(40 cal), miss the 5906 a lot.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I mostly don't regret anything I've let go of, they were part of my maturing process to step into what worked best for me as I fine-tuned my passions. But this is one I wish I had kept. The funds from this sale rolled into a Dan Wesson, so no regrets on the new purchase, but this was a really solid piece that was worth keeping. And no doubt the INGO member I sold it to would no way sell it back to me for what he paid for it! SR1911 Commander in 9mm. Spotless, reliable, fetching to look at, and plenty accurate with anything I put into the mags.

SR1911 Commander 3.jpg

As for one that got away, I had a chance on a sweet deal for a NIB S&W New Model 27 4" at Bucks and Jakes in Booneville, IN, that I passed on several years back. Totally a range gun, not really practical for much else than a nightstand gun, too heavy and bulky to easily carry on my small frame. But to this day I wish I had picked it up. It was a beauty.

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    One odd ball one thst I let go years ago and actually just stumbled across one and picked up a month or so ago is a canik shark. Obviously I’m a huge Cz fan but the shark is probably the cz/clone I like the look of the best. Glad I was able to add it back to collection.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Had a S&W K38 masterpiece when I first started shooting. Sold it to buy a sig cause I "needed" a semi auto. Still kick myself in the rear for that one

I KNOW the feeling..Missed out on a Basic NIB 4" Blue S&W 586 (No Dash) a few years ago..Just let it set in the "For Sale" mode too long??
    I did NOT miss out on the last K-38 (8 3/8" barrel) that was up here on INGO....HA.HA..Bill.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I KNOW the feeling..Missed out on a Basic NIB 4" Blue S&W 586 (No Dash) a few years ago..Just let it set in the "For Sale" mode too long??
    I did NOT miss out on the last K-38 (8 3/8" barrel) that was up here on INGO....HA.HA..Bill.
    Same strategy I used buying your S&W M19-5, which I *still* have. That one ain't going anywhere. I think that WTS ad set a record, I swear I sent you a message within moments of seeing it and it hadn't been up that long when I noticed it. Lucky timing for me!

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    German made Gen 1 Walther P99 in 9mm/ OD Green. Bought new. Shot well, Was pristine for 20 years. I let a buddy talk me out of it. He stippled it within 2 weeks. D2EED138-0BF4-4369-8C21-F0FC39946CFF.jpeg

Jose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Merrillville
    30 years ago ( still wet behind the ears) I saw A Colt python for $500.. not knowing any better . I compared it to an “ economy “ gun that was priced for $350. Hey why spend that much when this one costs less ? Idiot !

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    10 years or so, ago I got rid of a Vepr 12 and a Russian SKS.
    Today, I wish, like hell, that I still had both of them, and kick myself for ever getting rid of them.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    My .45 XDS. Just wasnt enjoyable to shoot anymore after breaking 3 metacarpals in my dominant hand. Got quite good at shooting off handed during that healing time though. My heavy hitters still don’t feel great but they’re not as snappy as the XDS was.

Other than that i dont really regret selling/trading any of them.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Traded away an 870 Wingmaster in 28ga that my Grandpa bought for me for a Chinese SKS that wouldn't hit a 55 gallon drum consistently at 100 yrds. Franking bbl was threaded the pressed into the rcvr.

And Polly. She still holds a piece of my heart that I can't seem to retrieve.

Top Bottom