• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

When I hear the expression "the one who got away" I generally surmise that leaving such a person consigned to the past is a good idea. As I see it, I am NOT the consolation prize, I am NOT a resource to be exploited, and in most cases in which I have seen someone connect with such a person, he should not have walked away but rather run.

As for Mosinguy, I did not realize he was shooters. Good kid. I had dinner with him and his dad once.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Let's see...

When I hear the expression "the one who got away" I generally surmise that leaving such a person consigned to the past is a good idea. As I see it, I am NOT the consolation prize, I am NOT a resource to be exploited, and in most cases in which I have seen someone connect with such a person, he should not have walked away but rather run.

As for Mosinguy, I did not realize he was shooters. Good kid. I had dinner with him and his dad once.

I agree with you. Pick me first or don't pick me at all. It's that simple. If I wasn't good enough the first time around, they're not good enough the second time around.

Wow I've missed a lot. I still don't know if this guy got the girl and I'm sad to hear about Mosinguy. Was that the young kid from Texas? If so he should be in adult by now. Can they give him another chance?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Pretty much this.I do not remember being involved in that one as it may be pre-mod for me. I met the kid. Good sort but he was lost and confused.

If he was lost and confused, as adults shouldn't we help him find his way? We adults all make mistakes and say things we shouldn't. Kids are no different.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    You missed 2021.

RewardingCandidCockerspaniel-max-1mb.gif

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    With these resurrected threads….. I cannot help but notice the story lines were better in the old days. on the edge of my seat wonder how many kids Sarah and Chris have now?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Doesn't the OP have any real life friends to talk to about this? Oh, I see that this thread is 12 years old. Maybe everybody involved has died of old age!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I had a scenario tonight that I wanted to share and get off my chest because it is bothering me really badly. I'll give you the background so you can know the emotional issues at hand here. A girl I have known literally since the cradle and her friend who I have known since preschool called me tonight. The one I have known my whole life is the one who got away. Her name is Sarah Shes blonde, slim waisted, toned, gifted in the chest, and gorgeous. I proposed to her in fourth grade. Obviously that did not work out so well lol. She has dated her share of weird guys and is dating a guy that seems alright. Except I can not stand him, for obvious reasons. The guy even freaking looks like me. We never dated, not for lack of effort on my part, but she told me she loved me once. Granted it was in eighth grade, but I could never get her to admit she said it later on. High school rolled around and we stayed friends, shared our emotional problems with each other. Thenschool ended, she went to collage and I tried to join the Marines. I still talked to her every other night, still had that deep emotional bond with her that I had all throughout our lives. I also drove up to her school to pick her and a friend of both of ours up from ball state. We drove back and I went and hung out with the blondes friend Liz, who is also my friend. Out of the blue, of a day of me acting normal, or what I thought was normal, Liz asked me why I was still in love with Sarah. That question floored me. I hadn't considered that there might still be something there until Liz said something. Then I met her 38 year old boyfriend. Mind you she was 20 at the time. He is nice as can be, polite, and courteous, but for some reason I don't trust him. Meeting him got me all kinds of jealous. I don'tknow why it took two people to snap that into my head, but it did. Had liz not said anything I would have been fine. I kind of flipped my lid for about a week or so and have not talked to her in almost 8 months. Until she called me tonight that is. I was playing SOCOM 4, enjoying myself, and she calls and next thing I know I am putting my pants on, strapping on my weapon and walking out the door with my coat on, breaking the three dont go stupid rules. I went to downtown Indy, the bar district, at 230 in the morning to pick up my drunk friend and her friend because her boyfriend, brother, and friend flaked on her. I then took her and her friend home, I did offer to take em to Denny's if they wanted to eat something, cause you all know after a rough night of drinking, nothing is better than pancakes. They declined, I took em home.

Because of how I was hurt by her in the past, I went into my officer vs. suspect mode with both of em. I growled literally the whole way back to her house and I don't know why. I was angry for a solid hour after I dropped them off and don't know why. Can someone please explain why after 8 months of not talking to someone who was only ever in my life as a close friend can suddenly swing me into the complete opposite mood? Or why after not speaking to her after 8 months, I do not even think about what I need, I get in my truck and go to her? I hate the fact that I may still have feelings for her. What do I do.

Then these questions enter my head.

After 8 months, what does it say that she still has my number in her phone?

Why would she call me instead of her parents or trying to wake her boyfriend up?

Why am I third on the call list, it goes Brother, Boyfriend, Chris. Why am I third and not like 10th?

Why now out of the eight months of not talking.

Why did I act like a complete jerk, other than the fact that I opened the door for them?

Why is it still bothering me?

Any help you all could provide would be appriciated. This isn't exactly self defense, so mods feel free to move it if need be.
    Jesus dude the answers are so damn obvious.

Despite not talking she knows you will always be there for her. She trusts you. Duh

You on the other hand. Need to call her apologize for being a dick, and ask her to coffee. And only her. Before you go to coffee, clear your head. Go to the range, watch a funny movie, rub one out, whatever. Then meet her and lay it out for her. Be honest with out expectations,or intentions. Just tell her how you feel. If she's into it or not you'll finally have your answer and you can move on or in depending on what she says.

Top Bottom