Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm really glad you are improving nicely.
    Makes you wonder what it was . . . but really who cares . . . you are better!
    I really never felt "bad". I was pretty tired one day, but I slept off and on and the next day I was okay. A few sniffles and some drainage in the back of my throat for a few days. But losing taste and smell was the part I hated the most! :):

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    just saw a younger girl drive off the road and into a ditch, I stopped and she was ok but I figured she needed a wrecker, she drove up a 4"dia sapling. Went and walked the dog and came back the same way, now somebody else had followed her into the ditch and rear ended her! and a 3rd car had run over an Amish bike and went into the trees too, just behind the second car. The curve was just slushy and not that slick?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    just saw a younger girl drive off the road and into a ditch, I stopped and she was ok but I figured she needed a wrecker, she drove up a 4"dia sapling. Went and walked the dog and came back the same way, now somebody else had followed her into the ditch and rear ended her! and a 3rd car had run over an Amish bike and went into the trees too, just behind the second car. The curve was just slushy and not that slick?
    Howdy klaus! Sounds like they may have been going too fast for conditions.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I moved to a new area in 2011 with a steep hill. I left one morning and it was much slicker than I thought for and rather than get stuck on the steep hill that separated me from the highway, I stopped and sat a while in a driveway and waited for the sun to warm it up and get the ice a little softer to where some amount of traction was possible.

I wasn't there for more than 5 minutes and a guy came by to ask me if I had wrecked or gotten stuck. I told him I was just waiting for the road to warm up a little and also mentioned it was my first winter on that road. He informed me he had lived there all his life and knew how to climb the hill with no issue and that I would eventually learn myself after living there for some time. He proceeded off and promptly went completely off the side of the road as if he had intended to do so, and was completely stuck.

About a half hour later I continued on with no issue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom