The Official OSUT #217 and baby its cold outside...:)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dang I wish my team mate would start running jobs. He's been online for over an hour and hasn't even logged in to the mainframe yet. I don't know what he does at times like this. :rolleyes:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Dang I wish my team mate would start running jobs. He's been online for over an hour and hasn't even logged in to the mainframe yet. I don't know what he does at times like this. :rolleyes:
    One of those that “work from home” by just logging in and doing the bare minimum

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One of those that “work from home” by just logging in and doing the bare minimum
    Normally I don't care, but I'm planning on taking Friday off. If he doesn't get past a certain point in his testing, then it means I might have to work at least part of the day. That's what bugs me. I don't expect everyone to work like I do (I'm majorly Type A), but dang. I like to "sprint" through my work and then enjoy the down time. He's more of a "drag it out all day" type.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Normally I don't care, but I'm planning on taking Friday off. If he doesn't get past a certain point in his testing, then it means I might have to work at least part of the day. That's what bugs me. I don't expect everyone to work like I do (I'm majorly Type A), but dang. I like to "sprint" through my work and then enjoy the down time. He's more of a "drag it out all day" type.
    The eroding work ethic with some younger generations.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Nah, I doubt it. He's probably just obsessing over some little detail of documentation or something. He has a tendency to overthink things. :):
    I've worked with a bunch of people like that. I'm a software developer, and sometimes it just works a certain way. I don't care why, I just remember it and do that way in the future. Other developers will spend 4+ hours trying to figure out the "why does it work" and I just don't care. At the end of the day it doesn't work better or worse. You want to know why, do that on your own time :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, he's obsessing. We had a software upgrade yesterday to our mainframe interface and he's poking around to see what's different. It works. That's all I care about. I don't care what's different as long as it still works.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've worked with a bunch of people like that. I'm a software developer, and sometimes it just works a certain way. I don't care why, I just remember it and do that way in the future. Other developers will spend 4+ hours trying to figure out the "why does it work" and I just don't care. At the end of the day it doesn't work better or worse. You want to know why, do that on your own time :dunno:
    Ha! We were typing at the same time, but ^^^THIS^^^. Exactly this!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They should, I know FPC has won a ton of lawsuits the last few years. They’re doing the ground work that the NRA stopped doing
    I noticed in that memo the SAF (the ones that won Heller and McDonald in the SCOTUS) denouncing NAGR, they listed a bunch of lawsuits that they had won and pointing out NAGR had never done anything. Most all of them they showed the NRA as part of the suit with them.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I noticed in that memo the SAF (the ones that won Heller and McDonald in the SCOTUS) denouncing NAGR, they listed a bunch of lawsuits that they had won and pointing out NAGR had never done anything. Most all of them they showed the NRA as part of the suit with them.
    Honestly, I've never read anything good about NAGR :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I wish the NRA would get back to fighting more with lawsuits and giving less with some campaign contributions. :dunno:

Heck, they gave a TON of money to Harry Reid over the years. :scratch:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That was back when there were still some pro gun Democrats out west in the south. So they paid off Harry to not bring anything up in the Senate. Suddenly there were no pro gun Democrats in congress.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That was back when there were still some pro gun Democrats out west in the south. So they paid off Harry to not bring anything up in the Senate. Suddenly there were no pro gun Democrats in congress.
    Yeah, I get that strategy. But If they can win more lawsuits, it'll set precedent and have similar outcomes.

But, they need to get Wayne out sooner than later. He's probably the #1 problem with the NRA today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom