• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    G Force was always the name for T5.
    That said all the guys I know that run em hard at least upgraded to the 3550.
    The T5 is kinda hard to upgrade.
    @d.kaufman would probably have some more insight if you reach out to him.
    I'm not necessarily looking to upgrade, just repair the current unit. I need to call a few places today and see what a rebuild kit is going to look like price wise. I've heard that a lot of shops still carry T5 rebuild kits but don't advertise them on their sites anymore.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm not necessarily looking to upgrade, just repair the current unit. I need to call a few places today and see what a rebuild kit is going to look like price wise. I've heard that a lot of shops still carry T5 rebuild kits but don't advertise them on their sites anymore.
    I've bought stuff from here before. They helped me with some stuff for a BW Super T10 that was pretty specific to only a couple years.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Take it down and look at everything. You will most likely need the master kit but maybe not. The T-5 is the Saginaw of 5 speeds.
    I'm pulling it entirely apart tonight. I gotta clean up my other table so I have a place to put everything. I watched a teardown video last night. Makes me happy I bought a press to rebuild the differential lol. It's gonna help with this 5 speed, too!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Jegs finally have my last order coming my way. I have not touched the 64 in about a wee because of this plus my guy needs to catch up on my money. Always follow the money.
    Sorry to hear about your continuing trials and tribulations with JEGS, I wonder though if it isn't a result of the scamdemic? I'm starting to see a lot of orders personally that show in stock then the delivery date gets bumped a few times before the vendor finally cancels due to inability to fulfill the order.

Definitely a two fold problem though; don't show it in stock and DAMN SURE don't show it shipped if you can't produce. I've had this happen several times lately. When quizzed about potential delivery dates or in stock dates the answer is the same, they don't know. Welcome to ****ing "MADE IN CHINA"! :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry to hear about your continuing trials and tribulations with JEGS, I wonder though if it isn't a result of the scamdemic? I'm starting to see a lot of orders personally that show in stock then the delivery date gets bumped a few times before the vendor finally cancels due to inability to fulfill the order.

Definitely a two fold problem though; don't show it in stock and DAMN SURE don't show it shipped if you can't produce. I've had this happen several times lately. When quizzed about potential delivery dates or in stock dates the answer is the same, they don't know. Welcome to ****ing "MADE IN CHINA"! :xmad:
    The young lady I spoke with said they can not get anybody to show up at work. And when they do it is lazy time. To many months on the couch playing video games on the Gov Teet. Add to this they made more money staying home and you have the end result of the scamdemic. Lazy ****s.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got 1 part of my Jegs stuff today. Should get the rest tomorrow.

I finished up the pulley system. All the spacers and adjusters are proper. Belts are on it and tensioned.
    IMG_4575.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is everywhere my friend. People are making bank sitting at home.
    I didn't read the story but I believe the Governor of Montana said that they were going to suspend all unemployment benefits for this very reason. They have thousands of unfilled positions that people aren't even applying for. If I find the link later I'll add it.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yesterday I got the new axles for the racecar, qft rebuild kit for the truck and choke/throttle cables for the Dixie. Gonna be a busy weekend

Top Bottom