• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well I've been reminded how much fun body work isn't! I'm making progress on several fronts right now and one of them includes the racecar. Now that I've gotten the interior and underside completely primed I'm working on getting the body ready to prime which includes installing the fiberglass flares. The panel adhesive I mentioned upstream is very appropriate for 'glass to steel installations and is making the job MUCH easier. I only ordered one tube of it which isn't enough for both sides so while waiting on my other tube to arrive I'm working on blending in the flare that's installed. left flare glued rear.jpg
    Glued and Cleco'ed in place.

Hopefully I can get the whole tub in primer and then get the underside and interior painted in a couple of weeks although that's probably going to require I build a spray booth in the shop. It's amazing how much satisfaction is derived from simple things.;)

Ok, now you can go back to lusting over new Corvettes! :bacondance:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Well I've been reminded how much fun body work isn't! I'm making progress on several fronts right now and one of them includes the racecar. Now that I've gotten the interior and underside completely primed I'm working on getting the body ready to prime which includes installing the fiberglass flares. The panel adhesive I mentioned upstream is very appropriate for 'glass to steel installations and is making the job MUCH easier. I only ordered one tube of it which isn't enough for both sides so while waiting on my other tube to arrive I'm working on blending in the flare that's installed. View attachment 165177

Hopefully I can get the whole tub in primer and then get the underside and interior painted in a couple of weeks although that's probably going to require I build a spray booth in the shop. It's amazing how much satisfaction is derived from simple things.;)

Is that the 3M 08116? We use that at our shop. Really nice stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I've been reminded how much fun body work isn't! I'm making progress on several fronts right now and one of them includes the racecar. Now that I've gotten the interior and underside completely primed I'm working on getting the body ready to prime which includes installing the fiberglass flares. The panel adhesive I mentioned upstream is very appropriate for 'glass to steel installations and is making the job MUCH easier. I only ordered one tube of it which isn't enough for both sides so while waiting on my other tube to arrive I'm working on blending in the flare that's installed. View attachment 165177

Love it. I am living vicariously through you guys.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I have found that folks like us always seem to have just enough with the ability to make more when we get our hustle on.

I make enough. I could go hard on OT and side stuff if I wanted to, but I’d rather be a Dad that’s actually home and not working 24/7. But yes you’re right. There’s opportunities if you want them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I make enough. I could go hard on OT and side stuff if I wanted to, but I’d rather be a Dad that’s actually home and not working 24/7. But yes you’re right. There’s opportunities if you want them.
    ThAts my point. Just enough. One of your positives in my opinion is you put family 1st yet still mange to hustle you up some hot rods.
    Just enough.

Top Bottom