B76E3958-363D-4DD7-AB2C-31199B8094FC.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Strangely, no word on cancellation of the gov's rescheduled inauguration ball during this declared "emergency" ???

...Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb is getting around to holding an inauguration gala, seven months after beginning his second term in office.

Postponed all this time due to COVID-19, the “boots and black tie” inaugural ball will be held on Saturday, Aug. 21, at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis.

A concert featuring country music stars Big & Rich will be held two days earlier at the TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park in downtown Indianapolis as part of the inauguration events for Holcomb and Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch, the Republican governor’s campaign staff announced last week.

“These events aren’t just to celebrate our governor and lieutenant governor, this is a way for us to bring together the entire Holcomb-Crouch team that worked so hard to make the governor’s historic reelection happen and to celebrate all Hoosiers for their sacrifice and resilience during the global pandemic,” campaign manager Kyle Hupfer said...

Last edited:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Strangely, no word on cancellation of the gov's rescheduled inauguration ball during this declared "emergency" ???

It's only for the "little people"...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So...what restrictions are being applied during this current version of the "emergency"?

I mean, the Porter County fair...throngs of humanity everywhere you look, is going on right now with no govt. pandemic restrictions in sight. I don't know how many "elites" who would attend an inaugural ball you'd see there yet....no restrictions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's only for the "little people"...
    This is even better...

Tickets for the Big and Rich concert, $100
    For the Inauguration ball, $150
    Also, a multitude of "sponsorship" opportunities here...

They cannot surely have a "superspreader" like this during an emergency, correct?

Won't they have to cancel this event and refund the ticket money?

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My factory...well kinda. You see in 2020 with the lockdowns we made outdoor steel furniture and stuff, so the steel kept us open plus we do things for the government making the same stuff for schools and prisons.....It was a busy year from the start with no let up and people working overtime almost every single week. The company owned by Playpower ran my factory called Wabash Valley in Silver Lake, IN. We made about 27 miilion a year with about 45% profit for them....ya thats big profit. When the pandemic hit and we started working over time they took away all profit sharing....said they were losing money because of covid......we are working over time and sales is through the roof...? In Oct they announced they were moving our company to the mother ship in MO. And told the Warsaw Paper they regret doing it but it was because of covid......? So I was gone in Feb. 2021 with some severance and sign paper not to talk negative about the company or I would lose my severance of 17 weeks.....which has came and gone so no worries now. Was told the company had to spend 2 million for the move, and later told our government paid for it in full because of "covid". Just a big scheme to make a move for free and watch 100 people lose their jobs....was also told later things are not working out good at all....the comment was..."we made the biggest mistake doing this." They claimed in the end they would make 2 million more a year......I honestly believe they have lost there shirts. So did my company go under because of covid.....? Well seems so on paper.

We are going to see for over a decade that things with NOTHING related to COVID are going to be blamed because of it.

It's the democrats philosophy of never letting a good crisis go to waste.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

...Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb is getting around to holding an inauguration gala, seven months after beginning his second term in office.

Postponed all this time due to COVID-19, the “boots and black tie” inaugural ball will be held on Saturday, Aug. 21, at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis.

A concert featuring country music stars Big & Rich will be held two days earlier at the TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park in downtown Indianapolis as part of the inauguration events for Holcomb and Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch, the Republican governor’s campaign staff announced last week.

“These events aren’t just to celebrate our governor and lieutenant governor, this is a way for us to bring together the entire Holcomb-Crouch team that worked so hard to make the governor’s historic reelection happen and to celebrate all Hoosiers for their sacrifice and resilience during the global pandemic,” campaign manager Kyle Hupfer said...

After Obama's lead, wonder if Holcomb will "scale back" his potential super-spreader?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We're going to be seeing a lot more of these decisions because there are very few insurance policies that say anything different.

So if pretty much all the insurance companies use the language "direct physical loss" businesses who were ****ed by government mandated covid lockdowns are just SOL. They were never insured for losses like this. To me the responsibility for this is on the government. They ordered "non-essential" businesses to close. I'd be okay with letting the **** roll uphill though. Make the head Indiana c-o-c ********er (Holcomb) **** out compensation for these businesses. Especially since "non-essential" really was government making a choice of winners and losers. That's a power I'd love to revoke from the government at all levels.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So if pretty much all the insurance companies use the language "direct physical loss" businesses who were ****ed by government mandated covid lockdowns are just SOL. They were never insured for losses like this. To me the responsibility for this is on the government. They ordered "non-essential" businesses to close. I'd be okay with letting the **** roll uphill though. Make the head Indiana c-o-c ********er (Holcomb) **** out compensation for these businesses. Especially since "non-essential" really was government making a choice of winners and losers. That's a power I'd love to revoke from the government at all levels.
    I don't disagree that the government is responsible...but the government has no money of its own.

As for the insurance policies, they are always based upon known risks....I guarantee that there will be insurance polices available that insure against this, for a price.

Also, as in this case, hotels were never shut down, people just didn't travel because of shutdowns or because every event was cancelled even if, technically, it could have been held. It's a real mess.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    View attachment 151446

This is starting to hurt a small time guy like me. Was lucky thru most of it, now I have tenants that have been taught how to play the system.

Tired of hearing that I can't be foreclosed on. It will ding the hell out of my credit score, and that is the best thing I have for staying afloat.

Hate the idea that my taxes now pay me. Taxes will go up so deadbeats can sit idle.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    This is starting to hurt a small time guy like me. Was lucky thru most of it, now I have tenants that have been taught how to play the system.

Tired of hearing that I can't be foreclosed on. It will ding the hell out of my credit score, and that is the best thing I have for staying afloat.

Hate the idea that my taxes now pay me. Taxes will go up so deadbeats can sit idle.
    This is the ****ing truth. My parents and I are down about $60k rental income since this started. We even had to borrow to pay 1st half property taxes this year since we had absolutely no cash until we closed on a home and property. We are now liquidating our real estate since it is just not worth the damned hassle.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    This is the ****ing truth. My parents and I are down about $60k rental income since this started. We even had to borrow to pay 1st half property taxes this year since we had absolutely no cash until we closed on a home and property. We are now liquidating our real estate since it is just not worth the damned hassle.
    Sorry to hear about the big loss and all the hoops you had to go thru to stay afloat. Makes me feel bad to be whining as I have yet to yet hurt like that. I see it coming, and now that they are just tossing more 'protections' around it is going to get a lot worse.

I have one more to evict for sure. Going to start the process next week. Might add a second to the mix before our county goes from yellow to red. Hate spending that kind of money to get rid of non-payers, but with the way the system is being played I can't just tell them to leave because they aren't worried about evictions. Getting another month of free rent and the time to trash the place is what makes some of them happy.

Most of my tenants are good people. I admit to letting some get by with more than I should have because I was working on a big project. Well it is time to clean house, for as long as the gov will let me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom