• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I've got a North Face and a Columbia jacket (and an actual winter coat, but it's a Carhart). If it's exceptionally cold outside, I won't leave my house without my North Face under my Carhart. I use the Columbia for cool Spring/Fall days.

:twocents:

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    FWIW, Patagonia also tend to run small. Not really sized for "real men" lol. My brother refers to them as "Fatagonia" and neither of us are very large men.

Mountain hardwear are basically the old TNF guys. Good gear, tad overpriced. Arc'Teryx are very nice but pricey. My grandfather always told me to spend a little more, then you wont be disappointed.

I'd still check out Cabela's though.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't have a Carhartt jacket, so I can't speak to that specifically, but I will see after getting a Carhartt winter coat a few years back, I will never, EVER have anything else.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just remember: "There is no bad weather, only poor clothing choices."

Or as my dad used to say: "There is no bad weather, only stupid people.":)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Carhartt needs to pay you for all this product endorsement. lol :laugh:

That one you posted is more like what i am looking for. Ill have to go check rural king and see if they have one i can try on.

:): I wish they would.

My entire entire wardrode at one point was almost all Carhartt. And yes my finace HATED it. She has picked out my clothes the last few years. My old Carhartts have even out lived my newer clothes.

I have tried alot of brands to find what works the best and lasts the longest and I always end up back with Carhartt. Just sharing my personal experiance to hopefully save you the time and money I spent on clothes in the past.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    Columbia and north face are both good to go in my opinion...I don't get why everyone is hating on north face for being trendy...since I had their stuff before it was trendy am I exempt from the hate or what...its good stuff...expensive but good stuff...check out their apex jacket its one of the best that is wind and water repellant and warm too!
    I have owned several Columbia's over the years and can speak to the quality not quite being what it used to be. very sad honestly.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    :): I wish they would.

My entire entire wardrode at one point was almost all Carhartt. And yes my finace HATED it. She has picked out my clothes the last few years. My old Carhartts have even out lived my newer clothes.

I have tried alot of brands to find what works the best and lasts the longest and I always end up back with Carhartt. Just sharing my personal experiance to hopefully save you the time and money I spent on clothes in the past.

Im right there with you. I actually wear something carhartt most days of the week. I have a leather belt from them that is ridiculous good. Its lasted the longest of any belt ive ever owned and still going. And ive even used it as a makeshift strop.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have a Mountain Hardware "hard shell" and "soft shell" as well as some ski pants, hats, etc. Love them all. I would also suggest looking at Marmot, Sherpa Adventure Gear, etc. I buy most of my stuff from Sierra Trading Post. They often have closeouts of last years' models at big discounts, plus extra "coupons" to use that make most of the gear really affordable. Just make sure your getting a "closeout" not "second."

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    I agree that columbia is not the quality it used to be and that north face is way over priced. I have had very good luck with cabela branded outerwear lately.

Top Bottom