• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    At a Bloomington City Council meeting on what to do about too many deer in the city limits this was offered:

Jennifer Mickel, who is running for the District 2 seat on the Monroe County Council, also spoke against the sharpshooting plan. She suggested several other solutions, including having men urinate in the area to drive the deer away.

“I’m absolutely serious ... because the deer will go away from that area and stay away,” Mickel said. “It’s an odd suggestion, but it would work.”

The lady is getting that from the Doc Hollywood movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUScTiLcUo

No, it does not work as deer are urine curious. All they men would be doing is making mock scrapes.. ;)

If anyone would vote for her for any office they would be a bigger fool than she is..

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Would they be able to used hired sharpshooters anyway? Aren't citzens suppose to control the deer population by means of hunting? I thought that was one of the main reasons the law was passed?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I was once attacked by a deer. I whipped it out and threw a stream his way and he backed off. It works downtown (Indpls.) with muggers as well.

Ok, the back story is that after the venison backed off, he reared up on his back legs and pissed as well. That's when I ran away. Now that's 'urine curious.' Don't try this at home (in the woods).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wouldn't they first have to change ordinance(s) so MEN could do this legally? Then wouldn't they be discriminating against women? Would they have to set up "free pee" zones to control where people are allowed to urinate? What of the people that would stand to inherit the deer, that are driven off by the pee brigades?

Bloomington...A great city to be from.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Wouldn't they first have to change ordinance(s) so MEN could do this legally? Then wouldn't they be discriminating against women? Would they have to set up "free pee" zones to control where people are allowed to urinate? What of the people that would stand to inherit the deer, that are driven off by the pee brigades?

Bloomington...A great city to be from.

haha, u nailed our bureaucracy with this ^^ (as a Bloomingtonian, I'm sometimes shocked at how many dumb things come out of "smart" people's mouths. I'm a grad student myself, but there is generally a gap between book smarts and common sense -- as exemplified in this thread)

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Be careful making generalized statements against a whole group of people. While this person in particular may be an idiot, lumping all animal rights people in together shows a high level of ignorance.

I am certainly for animal rights in many extents, especially concerning species that our society is hunting to the brink of extinction (whales, tigers, rhinos, etc).

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Crazy is right

Heres a letter to editor I believe it was Herald times....Bloomington IN. I keep it to show the lunacy of some.

KillingdeeriscrazyBloomingtonwoman_zps32f1f46f.jpg.html
    KillingdeeriscrazyBloomingtonwoman_zps32f1f46f.jpg.html
    KillingdeeriscrazyBloomingtonwoman_zps32f1f46f.jpg

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Ask the auto insurance industry how they feel about this topic. :): I would rather see changes to hunting regs, such as draws for 2nd buck, to reduce the deer population while improving overall herd. That being said, that woman is an idiot.:):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Be careful making generalized statements against a whole group of people. While this person in particular may be an idiot, lumping all animal rights people in together shows a high level of ignorance.

I am certainly for animal rights in many extents, especially concerning species that our society is hunting to the brink of extinction (whales, tigers, rhinos, etc).

Please don't comingle reasonable stewardship with 'animal rights' generally presented in a fashion such as to meet and exceed our rights which are frequently trampled. For you to say this, I would guess that you don't spend much time in contact with the drivel streaming from these idiots. The belief in good stewardship does not put you in the 'animal rights' camp as it generally forms any more than believing that we do not need a 600 ship navy makes you a flaming leftist.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry, didn't mean it was bad;), just that the dog-in-a-bag crowd knows their little poochy is at the bottom of the foot chain and wouldn't go for it.:laugh:

I think you give them too much credit. Believe me, they would be totally blindsided. They are so deep in thier own fantasy world that they that've lost all touch with reality.

Top Bottom