Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My favorite episode
    Call of Silence, Season 2, Episode 7.
    "NCIS" Call of Silence (TV Episode 2004) - IMDb

Ernie Yost (Charles Durning) is a WWII vet that thinks he killed his best friend, in WWII.

Here is his 1911
    601px-NCIS1_10.jpg

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    You know you've been working at a gun store for a while when... you read the title of this thread and think, "Why would the people running the background checks be issued weapons?" I should go to sleep...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You know you've been working at a gun store for a while when... you read the title of this thread and think, "Why would the people running the background checks be issued weapons?" I should go to sleep...
    When I first typed it in, I accidentally typed nics. Took me a while to notice my error.

TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    NCIS usually has such poor gun fact checking. I totally gave up on the NCIS Los Angeles about the time they told me that AK magazines were incredibly hard to get. I still watch the original, but I'm not looking forward to NCIS New Orleans.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I both love and hate the show. I am entertained, but get incredibly frustrated at the standard Hollywood crime solving myths. Ie: Instant DNA and ballistics matches, gun registries, 2 hour tox report returns, lack of evidence procedures etc.
    Like most cop shows, it's really hard for me to decided whether the writers are intentionally inserting public conditioning and misinformation into the scripts or are they just plain ignorant of how things really are.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I am another that loves the show for the entertainment value, but am also frustrated with it. I am constantly taken back by how routinely they are shown violating the law and the rights of the accused and it is all ok because they get the bad guy in the end. I would think that Gibbs would have been fired many times over in real life.

My favorite gun error was an episode in which Ducky was giving one of his "lectures" in which he kept referring to the old standard army cartridge as a "40-75" instead of as the 45-70. Doubly funny since the error was in a moment when a character was supposed to be showing off his knowledge.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My favorite episode
    Call of Silence, Season 2, Episode 7.
    "NCIS" Call of Silence (TV Episode 2004) - IMDb

Ernie Yost (Charles Durning) is a WWII vet that thinks he killed his best friend, in WWII.

Here is his 1911
    601px-NCIS1_10.jpg

This is definitely my favorite episode... absolutely incredible story and Charles Durning gave a great performance

My favorite also. The best part is when JAG comes to arrest Yost and Denoso(sp) moves Yost's tie to revel the MOH

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    CHARLES DURNING

For his valor and for the wounds he received during the war, Durning was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and 3 Purple Heart Medals. Additional awards included the Army Good Conduct Medal, the American Campaign Medal and the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with one bronze service star, and the World War II Victory Medal His badges included the Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Badge with Rifle Bar, and Honorable Service Lapel Pin.
    Durning received the French National Order of the Legion of Honor from the French consul in Los Angeles in April 2008.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For his valor and for the wounds he received during the war, Durning was awarded the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and 3 Purple Heart Medals. Additional awards included the Army Good Conduct Medal, the American Campaign Medal and the European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with one bronze service star, and the World War II Victory Medal His badges included the Combat Infantryman Badge, Expert Badge with Rifle Bar, and Honorable Service Lapel Pin.
    Durning received the French National Order of the Legion of Honor from the French consul in Los Angeles in April 2008.

A hero on, and off the screen.

Top Bottom