• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So there is a chance they will just dry up and blow away like withered weeds? That is good news. So aside from the many non verifiable internet polls that usually show public support for gun rights here is some hard news that the public opinion is swinging our way.:yesway:

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Great article. Thanks for the link. I'd rep you, but I am out today.

"So far, for the 2010 election cycle, only one donor has made a single contribution of $2,500"

That-is-awesome. Only one person, in the whole, world has given them a donation. Talk about wasted money. Hopefully they can ask for it back.

But I don't think this means we should give up one single inch. It is so easy for a Cindy Sheehan type crazy person to come along and run for congress. Some lady or guy who had a child killed "by a gun" can always stir up pure emotion and sidetrack people from the actual facts. We need to always remember how easily we were stripped of our right to keep and bear arms, even if those rights are returned to us. If we forget, we will surely repeat this era of darkness and ignorance.

Last thing, when should we have the Brady Campaign Funeral Bash Extravaganza?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    where are all the pro citizen-disarmament celebrities? momentum is on our side but there are still many places in this country where citizens are effectively disarmed.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I wouldn't celebrate yet. Wait till Obama is in the end of his term and Hilary and her UN have had their meeting in 2012. Sorry to rain on the parade ,but they have a hidden agenda.

Beat me to it. If you think they are going to give up your dreaming. the muslim osama is going to try late in his first term and will try even harder if its evident he is going to lose. Log legs will help and if they think they can get the UN to do the dirty work they will. Depending on the makeup of the SCOTUS I believe that the cockroach ossama and his crew will hope the UN route will hold up to a court challenge.
    Or not.
    If nothing else they will try to do as much to impede owners as possible via regulating and taxing ammo and accessories.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it is just a change of direction. They have given up on pushing gun control through the legislature. They are going to give the UN Small Arms Treaty a whirl to see if they can do their gun grabbing that way. If not... they will just have to get more creative.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I wouldn't celebrate yet. Wait till Obama is in the end of his term and Hilary and her UN have had their meeting in 2012. Sorry to rain on the parade ,but they have a hidden agenda.

Exactly!! They are not just going to go away quietly. What they could never do in our system of government, they will do through UN treaties and executive orders.

Then it's game on, because that my friend is high treason....

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So there is a chance they will just dry up and blow away like withered weeds? That is good news. So aside from the many non verifiable internet polls that usually show public support for gun rights here is some hard news that the public opinion is swinging our way.:yesway:

No, don't count on it. Don't forget who their main source of money is. :twocents:

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    beX9P.jpg

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks to HR 5175 they are going to get a huge boost because most of their competition will be silenced.... and guess what, the NRA is pushing for it now that they get a "promised exemption from Pelosi and Ried"....

So every other group from GOA to JPFO and SAF and SAS will all be completely muzzled!

Call you congressmen NOW! Call the NRA NOW @ 800-672-3888 and demand they NOT compromise away our Rights!

DEMAND IT!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Thanks to HR 5175 they are going to get a huge boost because most of their competition will be silenced.... and guess what, the NRA is pushing for it now that they get a "promised exemption from Pelosi and Ried"....

So every other group from GOA to JPFO and SAF and SAS will all be completely muzzled!

Call you congressmen NOW! Call the NRA NOW @ 800-672-3888 and demand they NOT compromise away our Rights!

DEMAND IT!
    As was pointed out to me, (for making the same point) this is just kvetching by anti-NRA people and has nothing to do with reality, Prom. Nothing to see there....move along....the NRA has it all in hand.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    As was pointed out to me, (for making the same point) this is just kvetching by anti-NRA people and has nothing to do with reality, Prom. Nothing to see there....move along....the NRA has it all in hand.

I just made a specific thread about this and disected the NRA's own statement.

They admit it's unconsitutional but will support it if the nra gets an exemption... great so we get a dozen brady groups with exemptions and just the nra on the 'progun' side... brilliant.

Effing traitors!

Top Bottom