• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    So the other day I needed a Bren 2 pinned and welded. I contacted INGO member Allen M over at Diamond Collision and set up a time.

I drop off my Bren 2 and my muzzle device and I get contacted immediately. This giant nerd did some math and found out that I was off in my calculations and the combo would be too short. STRIKE 1!!! don’t ever double check my work even if it keeps me out of prison! I should’ve taken his lunch money.

I ordered a stock from Europe, and a part to make my gun just at the legal length. The part arrives first and I go in the morning to drop it off. Everyone is super friendly and legitimately appear to enjoy being at work. STRIKE 2!!!! I’m not a morning person and everyone needs to convey my level of irritability…stop smiling, it’s too early for that and work can’t be that much fun…it’s work. 2 of them tried to engage me in conversation!..The audacity.

So he makes sure everything remains concentric with rods and his own suppressor. At night and over the weekend I get a message that the gun is done. STRIKE 3! Did I ask you to work on it over the weekend, after hours, and on your own time?! No! Now I have this perfectly welded legal gun THAT I CANT SHOOT BECAUSE THE STOCK IS BEING SHIPPED FROM EUROPE! I mean…this guy…so he barely charged me anything which is extra annoying as now it feels like my gun is somehow worth less money. Just based on the amount of conversations on pms and over the phone his hourly rate must be like 10 cents an hour or something. If I went to get an oil change on a Ferrari and the mechanic was like “I dunno $10.00” I’d throw the whole car away.

So in summation:
    If you want a really fun friendly staff, a guy who makes sure you’re legal with nerd math, and will soon be out of business because he doesn’t charge anything near what he should…this is your guy.

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Who is this Alan M you speak of? Is he related to @AllenM?

And nice presentation. Not what I was expecting when I read the title.
    Fixed it thank you…I’m sure Allen would have shown up with his calipers to say his name was so many microns short or something else nerd related. If you want a nerd who cares about precision fixing your gun, then whatever INGO…do you.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Don't know Allen myself, but sounds like a down to earth, old school guy, who really is a credit to his rep***** . 5 Star and kudos to him.
    I would consider him a First Class Choice if my firearms needed any kind of a tune up!
    Allen, Thank you.
    I would make the 2 hour drive from NWI in a heartbeat to have his expertise.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Look, I’ll say this:

I’m sure Allen gets a lot of respect here from the poors with his cheap prices and fast/accurate work, but I’m not one of the poors. I pay full price and then some!

Some people on here take their women out with a coupon and say “just make sure your meal is of equal or lesser value….” Whereas I order the large Pepsi and an appetizer…we are not the same. I don’t fault you lesser INGOers though. I wish I could be content with spending less money. It’s an albatross around my neck for sure.

I hope you all understand that that is where my review comes from. When you live lavish, you spend lavishly and Allen and team don’t allow me to spread my bejeweled wings. Yes his work is precise, yes my suppressor fits perfect, yes it was completed quickly, BUT NO I didn’t pay what I feel is necessary to fully respect my Bren 2. Now it’s a dirty pirate hooker.

Allen, stop catering to the poors and raise your prices or I will look elsewhere.

I might wreck my car just to review Diamond Collision next because I got it like that so standby.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Look, I’ll say this:

I’m sure Allen gets a lot of respect here from the poors with his cheap prices and fast/accurate work, but I’m not one of the poors. I pay full price and then some!

Some people on here take their women out with a coupon and say “just make sure your meal is of equal or lesser value….” Whereas I order the large Pepsi and an appetizer…we are not the same. I don’t fault you lesser INGOers though. I wish I could be content with spending less money. It’s an albatross around my neck for sure.

I hope you all understand that that is where my review comes from. When you live lavish, you spend lavishly and Allen and team don’t allow me to spread my bejeweled wings. Yes his work is precise, yes my suppressor fits perfect, yes it was completed quickly, BUT NO I didn’t pay what I feel is necessary to fully respect my Bren 2. Now it’s a dirty pirate hooker.

Allen, stop catering to the poors and raise your prices or I will look elsewhere.

I might wreck my car just to review Diamond Collision next because I got it like that so standby.
    He wouldn't take any money from me putting the front sight back on my Springer. He even handled my gun in front of me like he knew what he was doing. Well, I got the better of him. I made the shop fix the wifes truck and paid THEM handsomely for the work. There are ways around it!

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    He wouldn't take any money from me putting the front sight back on my Springer. He even handled my gun in front of me like he knew what he was doing. Well, I got the better of him. I made the shop fix the wifes truck and paid THEM handsomely for the work. There are ways around it!
    I like your style!

Top Bottom