• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I Ran across this place while visiting my kids in Noblesville this past weekend. Stumbled across it while browsing the downtown area and couldn't believe all the cool items inside. Way out of my league as far as military collectibles but still a very amazing collection. I couldn't believe this stuff wasn't in a museum somewhere.

Indianapolis Fine Art and Rare Militaria Antiques | The Gentleman Soldier

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    If you liked the essay's, go to the shop and talk with the owner. The stories behind some of the items were as impressive as the item itself. I think my jaw hit the floor more than once as he pointed out some of the historical significance of many of the items. I especially liked a handwritten letter from Ulysses Grant and a beautiful civil war drum from the 50th Massachusetts and a, and a, and.......

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have been in there several times and am always amazed. It is a place that really should be in New York, London, or Paris. Truly a hidden jewel. Unfortunately, the average person walking in off the street is actually something of a pain for the owner because he is operating in rarefied air and the average person will only use up his time without any hope of being able to purchase anything. In spite of that, he is quite pleasant to everyone and incredibly informative. I would love to go in there quite often, but really hate to waste his time, plus, last I knew he required an appointment anyway. I came right out and asked him once how he can possibly stay in business in such a small town and he told me that he operates like an art gallery. He doesn't live off of what he sells in his store, but on the commissions he makes on the items that merely pass through his hands.

What's the going rate for a Revolutionary war era musket, whether or not used to fire a shot in anger on any battlefield or held by a notable of that time?

Paul's Antique Arms & Armour--Flintlock Longarms

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am with ham. I'd love to check that place out! I only get that was once every few years. I will have to try to remember it's there. Thanks C-man for sharing that!

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    those are some crazy prices. Is there anywhere that makes remakes of these same guns at a much much cheaper price. I would buy a copy for couple hundred or so. Just to hang on wall.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I may have to make some replica brown bess rifles when I get my capacity to do so lined up. You can probably expect $1500 minimum for a display one that'll blow up if you load it, more like $5k for a righteous fireable one. I don't come cheap.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    That place is pretty cool. I look in every time I walk past. I'd love to make an appointment to check it out, but I'd hate to waste his time since I wouldn't be buying.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Didn't know about the appointment part.

Edited: I talked with Duane today and he said he has that posted on the website to save someone from driving there and finding the gallery closed because he is on the road a lot purchasing. He recommends calling before you go, especially if you are coming a long way to make sure he is open. He said his hours are 10-5 and if he's there, the doors will be open and anyone's welcome to come on in.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom