The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    For many years I managed a storage facility. It had three 450’ long parallel buildings with 20’ wide alleys between them. At the back end of the buildings was a paved turn-around area at most 180’ wide and maybe 40’ deep? With a fence right on the three external boundaries of course. If you stood on it, you would clearly see that there was room to turn around a pickup and trailer,, but not a full size road tractor with a 53 foot hanging off the back.

Oh, and only one of the alleyways, right in the middle, led directly back to the entrance/exit. If you got into any of the other alleyways, there was only room at the front to barely squeeze by with the largest U-Haul truck. No way with an articulated semi with a 53 foot trailer

One morning I arrived at work to find some chucklehead making a delivery had in fact driven all the way back there without looking and gotten his rig into that area… and could not get it back out. There was simply not enough room to turn easily, or even with difficulty, into any of the alleyways and not crush the corner of a building or hit the fence.

I took down all his info, took pictures of the buildings, and the fence and his rig, told him good luck, and went back to my office. He spent about 2 1/2 hours jockeying that thing back-and-forth, to and fro, this way and that way, etc. etc. etc. until finally somehow he got into the one alleyway that would let him drive back out the front gate.

Amazingly, he didn’t hurt anything, other than leaving hundreds of black scuff marks on my white concrete. I hope he learned to ground truth delivery locations before he just blindly drove into them.

The funniest thing about it was the delivery point was at the very front, just inside the entrance/exit. All he had had to do was pallet-jack a couple pallets thru the gate and he would have been done. Instead, he pulled all the way in with the back of the trailer next to the very first unit on the end of the building, and when done drove to the back to turn around.

Top Bottom