• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    ******PART II ADDED ON PAGE 2******
    I think that most people over/under estimate the power of nuclear weapons. Since I put together the "How to Survive a Nuclear Bomb" series I get several questions a day asking "I live x distance from a probable target, what would happen if a nuclear bomb detonated near me?" This video is the first video in a three part series that attempts to answer the question. In this video we take a look at a small 20 kiloton terrorist bomb that is driven into the city and detonated on the ground. The video explores the effects from three different vantage points of varying distance. You can use the information to make better prepping decisions to avoid the zombies that will immediately start wandering around. Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 where we look at 500 kiloton and 20 megaton warheads.

[video=youtube;gOFDFogc6Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOFDFogc6Gk[/video]

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I worry about chicago and st louis based attacks outside of indy. Honestly a nuke threat is low on my list

Especially now that Ft Ben is no longer the financial hub of the military. Back in the day it was a primary nuke target under the theory that if you cant pay your soldiers, they wont fight for you. Given today's system is more distributed I would assume that we are no longer quite as much of a target as we were pre-21st century.

I think today we now have more to worry about dirty bombs by freaks and terrorists than actual nukes.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Especially now that Ft Ben is no longer the financial hub of the military. Back in the day it was a primary nuke target under the theory that if you cant pay your soldiers, they wont fight for you. Given today's system is more distributed I would assume that we are no longer quite as much of a target as we were pre-21st century.

I think today we now have more to worry about dirty bombs by freaks and terrorists than actual nukes.

As far as I know it still is the financial hub.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    20mt -- if those are going off we have much bigger problems.

I would worry about the 5 kt range for now. Someone might get lucky and build a 20Kt bomb. Anything over that range and Governments would be involved.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Here is part 2 of the series. This one takes a look at what would happen if a major superpower used one of their warheads on Chicago:

[video=youtube;iE_bw4ME9v8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE_bw4ME9v8[/video]

Top Bottom