Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Only $45 and an automatic. I would have bought that for him but it's OOS. Dang-it.
    I know, right ! .... we weren't the only ones who had an eye for uniqueness !
    Seriously, I wanted to buy one for my oldest daughter (she'd love it !), but she lives in Los Angeles, and they don't allow such things.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I know, right ! .... we weren't the only ones who had an eye for uniqueness !
    Seriously, I wanted to buy one for my oldest daughter (she'd love it !), but she lives in Los Angeles, and they don't allow such things.
    I am honored to be part of your signature, my good man. :thumbsup:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Look what I found !!! ...... the perfect Christmas knife for CM . New from Boker Knives, and would go so well with a unicorn ! ;)

Boker-Dessert-Warrior-Kalashnikov-Dagger-Auto-Donut-Blue-01KALS72NSOI-BHQ-108010-jr-large.jpg

Isn't that cute. He'd look good patrolling Speedway with that.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Wife wants me to pick out my Christmas gift. Looking at a cordless battery powered trimmer and leaf blower.

I don't want to spend Milwaukee money, but I don't want cheap Black & Decker stuff anymore either.

I'm liking the price of Ryobi, but I think spending a few bucks more for Makita would be worth it in the long run. An extra Ryobi battery is $40 and an extra Makita is $80.

Here are two I've been looking at:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-...Twisted-Trimmer-Line-XT286SM1T03866/314330242

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...ery-and-Charger-Included-P20110-BLW/312843067

We live on under a 0.25 acre lot. Takes me 30 minutes to mow the yard. For what that's worth.

Lend me your thoughts, advice. I have always had "cheap" lawn equipment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife wants me to pick out my Christmas gift. Looking at a cordless battery powered trimmer and leaf blower.

I don't want to spend Milwaukee money, but I don't want cheap Black & Decker stuff anymore either.

I'm liking the price of Ryobi, but I think spending a few bucks more for Makita would be worth it in the long run. An extra Ryobi battery is $40 and an extra Makita is $80.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-...Twisted-Trimmer-Line-XT286SM1T03866/314330242

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...ery-and-Charger-Included-P20110-BLW/312843067

We live on under a 0.25 acre lot. Takes me 30 minutes to mow the yard. For what that's worth.

Milwaukee.
    Not sure if they make what you are looking for but in battery tools always Milwaukee

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    An extra Ryobi battery is $40 and an extra Makita is $80.
    That's all I'd need to hear.

I'm on a 1/3 acre so I understand. I'm went with the Ryobi trimmer/edger & blower combo since I had several of the tools already. They have gone through 2 seasons med-heavy use and not a hiccup. The better one+ batteries make more of an impact on longevity vs power. Not much xp with Makita.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been using a Ryobi weedeater for about 5 years or more and a blower for the last 2 years and both work excellent. They are different versions than what you linked though. I keep 3 spare chargers and 5 extra batteries due to having a drill/impact that are Ryobi as well. I like the Ryobi stuff myself.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’m gonna echo mouse and say the Milwaukee.... I just don’t trust the cheaper stuff. Have a few makitas as shop tools at work, not impressed. I’m leery of Ryobi because of the price. It’s really hard to go wrong with the Milwaukee...

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Milwaukee sale are big right now and you can get some great deals.
    Home Depot sales online and Acme tool and tool nut have some deals.

I bought a trimmer and hedge trimmer with a 9amp battery and charger for $300 a couple of years ago.

Here is a example but it is a blower and pole saw and not a hedge trimmer but the deals change everyday.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...er-9-0-Ah-Battery-2-Tool-2825-21PSB/310447764

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Stihl power equipment is the way to go....you get what you pay for.... Of course I have 9.5 ac.

Being surrounded by woods I totally agree with this and will be using the larger Stihl backpack and hand held blowers, brush cutter/line trimmer and chainsaws as long as my health will allow.

With that being said, I can see the attractiveness of today's better battery operated equipment. Choose wisely because the cost is in the batteries and once you have those, every tool you buy will be that brand. Initial battery cost is probably less important than which brand's battery will last more years (and I have no info on that).

While I've begun to think I might like a small battery chainsaw, if I ever go that route it will be a Stihl and will cost me dearly.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Ego. Took the recommendation on the blower from INGO, including mcapo I believe. Very nice, and now carried by Lowes as well as some other places. All the ego batteries are the same voltage so they work across everything they make, but you can get different amperages that last longer if needed. Most other brands seem to have varying voltage and amperages so some items are compatible but others not depending on the line within the brand. They even make mowers and snow blowers along with all the normal stuff.

I'm going to pick up the hedge trimmer next and then the weed trimmer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Milwaukee is almost double the cost of Ryobi. Is it 2x better?

Trimmer:
    Milwaukee $300
    Makita $210
    Ryobi $160

In the tools I have used yes. And I use my tools.

Now as to lawn care and the casual use they may see maybe not. But you will wear out the battery's before you hurt the tools.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom