Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    If UPS does their job, and the creek don't rise ....... I'll be picking up my Ruger American Ranch 5.56/.223 this afternoon ! :alright:
    It was even wife-approved as a Father's Day gift. I removed the burden from her..... so considerate of me ! :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If UPS does their job, and the creek don't rise ....... I'll be picking up my Ruger American Ranch 5.56/.223 this afternoon ! :alright:
    It was even wife-approved as a Father's Day gift. I removed the burden from her..... so considerate of me ! :D

Yet another guy who has demonstrated exceptional marriage skills.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    You're a good man!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There were some rocks in the road along the way. Not all marriages are destined to work.......never beat yourself up over it, BA. :)
    I don't. I went a lot farther than most would have. Even my kids asked what took so long. It just sucks to invest that much and end up with nothing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm a creature of habit.

Understood and me too, and muscle memory. Less to mess up that way, so I definitely agree.

Ok, that kind of killed Amazon for me. It does explain why you will sometimes see a series of 5 star reviews and then a 1 star because it broke in a month. From that article, it sounds like Amazon has become the front for counterfeit crap in their bid to sell anything and everything faster and cheaper.

Yep, sorry about killing it. I still buy some stuff there, but not things I care a ton about.

I limit naps to 30 minutes. Anything longer ruins the day. I’m to the point now that I can lay down and just wake back up at the 30 minute point.

I'm pretty sure that's what alot of the "nap" studies say. Power nap for 30 minutes or so is good, but much longer takes its toll elsewhere. We should consult MM on this, as I believe he is the authoritative source of all things nap and hammock.

Good morning

Took the wife to the store last night and got her the Canon Rebel T6 camera (from the link yesterday). She was very happy as she has wanted one for many years. Her birthday isn't until Thursday, but we have an upcoming trip and I wanted her to get accustomed to the camera before then. And I couldn't wait.

Nice job sir.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    :yesway:. Thirty-eight years, and counting !

Congratulations, sir. That is indeed an achievement. I made it to 24 before I had to bail out.

This April was our 26th. I attribute much of that longevity to the fact that we moved away from our friends and family back in 94 to come to Indiana. We lost a lot of our support system, but had to depend on one another much during that time. I make jokes about having been happily married for 2 years ... (long pause) in a 26 year period, neither of those 2 consecutive.

I don't. I went a lot farther than most would have. Even my kids asked what took so long. It just sucks to invest that much and end up with nothing.

And I think after 24 it would be safe to say that you put everything you could into it BA. And I wouldn't say you ended up with nothing. Sounds like you have some good kids.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm pretty sure that's what alot of the "nap" studies say. Power nap for 30 minutes or so is good, but much longer takes its toll elsewhere. We should consult MM on this, as I believe he is the authoritative source of all things nap and hammock.

I believe that the 20-30 minute rule of thumb is a good one. I rarely sleep in the hammock, but when I do, it's for short periods.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Understood and me too, and muscle memory. Less to mess up that way, so I definitely agree.

Disclaimer: I have posted this many times before but not in a while. So, here goes...

My goal has always been to make each and every gun as alike as I possibly can. They all get fitted with the same grips, same sights, same trigger modifications, etc. My thought is that if I can make them nearly identical in feel and trigger pull it will be like shooting the same gun no matter which one is in hand. That's one of the reasons I stick with CZ. I found guns I like and I can come very close to making them identical. I have been told to beware of the man with one gun because most likely he knows how to use it. I have just taken this advice and added to it a bit. Even when I had 19 Cajunized CZs they were all very nearly identical and someone unfamiliar with them would have had a hard time telling them apart. Of course what happens is that you become ultra sensitive to the slight variations in triggers. So, it works and yet it doesn't really work. That's okay. It's my plan and I'm sticking with it.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I believe that the 20-30 minute rule of thumb is a good one. I rarely sleep in the hammock, but when I do, it's for short periods.

I knew you would give us the authoritative guidance. You are a sensei among us for how to be retired.

GZ2kJbPW.jpeg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This April was our 26th. I attribute much of that longevity to the fact that we moved away from our friends and family back in 94 to come to Indiana. We lost a lot of our support system, but had to depend on one another much during that time. I make jokes about having been happily married for 2 years ... (long pause) in a 26 year period, neither of those 2 consecutive.

Congratulations!

And I think after 24 it would be safe to say that you put everything you could into it BA. And I wouldn't say you ended up with nothing. Sounds like you have some good kids.

Very true. I wouldn't change that part at all. Plus the grandkids are a bonus from heaven.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom