THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Personal bias, but having spent a year in Turkey, I won't buy a gun from there. Nope !
    You really think I would post a link to something that was garbage or something I haven't personally researched for weeks or more? You should know me better than that my friend and frankly it's bothersome to see when I try and pass along a smoking deal on a solid gun to friends and get pretty much ridiculed for it.

I encourage anyone reading this to jump over to the 1911 forum and research the quality of Tisas 1911 pistols from people who have actually owned, shot and have performed gunsmithing on them. Be sure to include Chuck Roger's viewpoint on them as well on that forum.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    You really think I would post a link to something that was garbage or something I haven't personally researched for weeks or more? You should know me better than that my friend and frankly it's bothersome to see when I try and pass along a smoking deal on a solid gun to friends and get pretty much ridiculed for it.

I encourage anyone reading this to jump over to the 1911 forum and research the quality of Tisas 1911 pistols from people who have actually owned, shot and have performed gunsmithing on them. Be sure to include Chuck Roger's viewpoint on them as well on that forum.

Whoa .... I said personal bias. I lived there for a year. I'm entitled. :)

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

The few I’ve checked out at gun stores seemed to have a quality above their price point. And fit and finish seems noticeably better than other similarly priced brands like Taurus and Girsan. I’ve not owned one, but personally I would consider it and have considered it. A couple months ago a LGS had a used Tisas Commander .45, with rail, two tone OD green frame and black slide - for $379! I wanted to jump on it so bad, but I was holding the cash gun fund steady for the right CZ deal and the cash fund couldn’t do both. Seemed like an amazing deal, just the wrong time. I miss having a nice .45.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Why does it say Shot Show on the sign ?
    It’s one of their shops. Outside of the gate a Incirlik AB. I went through the shop, was some cheap ones and some were very well made. Firearm manufacturing has come a long way in Turkey over the years. CNC equipment has made great strides over there my friend. There have been some pretty crappy firearms made in this country over the years but you can put them all in the same basket.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It’s one of their shops. Outside of the gate a Incirlik AB. I went through the shop, was some cheap ones and some were very well made. Firearm manufacturing has come a long way in Turkey over the years. CNC equipment has made great strides over there my friend. There have been some pretty crappy firearms made in this country over the years but you can put them all in the same basket.

We used to take our nuc tools to Incirlik to have them calibrated.
    Like CM used to say, "run em if you like them".

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I have stoeger m3500 that I got for a knock around field gun. Solid gun. Hits above its price range.

It can be touchy with light target loads but I’ve never tried to cure that either.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    mid-1974 to mid-1975. You've probably heard stories about Turkey .... it was a long year.
    I’ve been to Turkey a few times in my military career and believe me there are much worse places….I have spent time in BFE and had AK’s pointed at me. Working on Strategic Air Lift aircraft I have been to places that I would never want to go back to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom