The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Trying to decide if I want to part ways with my 365 XL that I have the Holosun 407K x2 mounted on currently. Only pistol (besides my Freedom Arms PDW) that I have a red dot mounted on. (I've got a couple of 320 X-Compacts that are OR, but for different foot prints).

I've had it out twice, since I have owned it. Once to function check with no optic, once to function test once I mounted an optic, but I have not gotten back to get the dot really sighted in, let alone for me to acclimate to it.

I'm moving toward XL grip modules on my standard 365's.

Just not sure if I want to essentially give up on the red dot for pistol (at least for now, as this was my lowest cost of entry into that world) and use the $$$ to fund some other current gun interests.
    Keep it, it doesn't eat anything unless you feed it.

Like you said, its the cheapest quality red dot entry for the red dot world. It is where we're going, can't deny it. I'd say 50% of pistols in current production are red dot/optic ready.

Might as well keep it and learn how to be proficient with it. I'm not proficient with my P365XL yet but it's getting there ( Can't shoot dimes at 30' yet but wouldn't want to be a lead collector at 50' though ). It's worth the $100-$200 in ammo to learn since you're 7-8-$900 or more into it already.

My 2cents, you get what ya pay for :cool:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Keep it, it doesn't eat anything unless you feed it.

Like you said, its the cheapest quality red dot entry for the red dot world. It is where we're going, can't deny it. I'd say 50% of pistols in current production are red dot/optic ready.

Might as well keep it and learn how to be proficient with it. I'm not proficient with my P365XL yet but it's getting there ( Can't shoot dimes at 30' yet but wouldn't want to be a lead collector at 50' though ). It's worth the $100-$200 in ammo to learn since you're 7-8-$900 or more into it already.

My 2cents, you get what ya pay for :cool:
    I have a red dot on my P10s, and my VP9. I bought an Optics Ready slide for my VP9. I am debating taking the OR slide off it and put it back to the original slide.

The P10s I have only shot with the optic on it, so I am used to it. I haven't gotten the VP9 sighted in yet.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a red dot on my P10s, and my VP9. I bought an Optics Ready slide for my VP9. I am debating taking the OR slide off it and put it back to the original slide.

The P10s I have only shot with the optic on it, so I am used to it. I haven't gotten the VP9 sighted in yet.

I like my P10C with an optic and my PDP Compact. Was going to get an optics ready version of the Shield Plus to replace the non-optics ready version I have, but I'm going to hold off. I don't carry the Shield Plus as much as I'd thought I would.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I just mounted my first pistol red dot on my bedside pistol, an SP-01 tactical, and will be getting to the range to get better at it. I have a P365 with Wilson grip mod which is my ’pocket‘/ summertime carry and a PCR for other times both with iron sights. I am pretty dan good with the PCR (head shots at 45’ on failure to halt drills and a little less so with the P365 But still good enough for center mass at 45’ and consistent head shots at 30’. As it is my pocket pistol I have no plans for red dots on either of my carry pistols in order to keep both as concealable as possible.

Unless you really have something you just have to get keep it and get good with it.

Just my :twocents:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Trying to decide if I want to part ways with my 365 XL that I have the Holosun 407K x2 mounted on currently. Only pistol (besides my Freedom Arms PDW) that I have a red dot mounted on. (I've got a couple of 320 X-Compacts that are OR, but for different foot prints).

I've had it out twice, since I have owned it. Once to function check with no optic, once to function test once I mounted an optic, but I have not gotten back to get the dot really sighted in, let alone for me to acclimate to it.

I'm moving toward XL grip modules on my standard 365's.

Just not sure if I want to essentially give up on the red dot for pistol (at least for now, as this was my lowest cost of entry into that world) and use the $$$ to fund some other current gun interests.
    Red dots on handguns are one of my many complexes. I want one on every handgun, but am too cheap to do so, and so I suffer through without.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom