THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Went to the doctor yesterday.

Making small talk while she looks through test results.

Doc interrupts her own sentence and says, "we should do an EKG now?".

"Now?" I respond faintly.

"Yes, now".

End result was the EKG is fine and I now have proof of a possessing a heart.

My reasons for sharing this is we've been discussing ages recently and I would advise those of you under 50 is to stay young, healthy and in shape.... :cool:
    I’m honestly shocked to hear those results! I guess it’s good news, but you’ve got some ‘splainin to do.!

Family history of bad hearts here.. I’ve already done a treadmill test once. If you’ve never done one, holy smokes. I was 27 or so when I did it. I got to a point I had to tell the doc to stop…. Felt like my heart (yes it’s there, it’s tiny, but there), was going to fall out of my chest!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’m honestly shocked to hear those results! I guess it’s good news, but you’ve got some ‘splainin to do.!

Family history of bad hearts here.. I’ve already done a treadmill test once. If you’ve never done one, holy smokes. I was 27 or so when I did it. I got to a point I had to tell the doc to stop…. Felt like my heart (yes it’s there, it’s tiny, but there), was going to fall out of my chest!
    Never done a treadmill test but I have had a high blood pressure forever. Hopefully, you watch your diet, get your annual bloodwork, keep your cardio up and end up breaking the family history.

As per 88 and I, keep yourself young and healthy.

No history of heart disease in my family but I came home and rowed 6000 meters, ran a mile and spent 30 minutes in the sauna.

That should be my exercise for the quarter if I follow @Born2vette ....

As a side note, if anyone is looking for a low impact exercise device, my chiropractor talked me into a Concept2 rowing machine. It is awesome. Highly recommend. 1000% better than a treadmill or stationary bike.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Never done a treadmill test but I have had a high blood pressure forever. Hopefully, you watch your diet, get your annual bloodwork, keep your cardio up and end up breaking the family history.

As per 88 and I, keep yourself young and healthy.

No history of heart disease in my family but I came home and rowed 6000 meters, ran a mile and spent 30 minutes in the sauna.

That should be my exercise for the quarter if I follow @Born2vette ....

As a side note, if anyone is looking for a low impact exercise device, my chiropractor talked me into a Concept2 rowing machine. It is awesome. Highly recommend. 1000% better than a treadmill or stationary bike.
    Like most people, winter is horrible for my body… spring is almost here, bikes are about to come out. I will look into this rowing machine. I don’t mind our treadmill, if I would use it…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Doc just told me this morning they are going to up my blood pressure medicine.

I've been fighting with mine. Make changes to your lifestyle and diet instead of taking blood pressure medicine if you can. I've been reading a lot of articles and watching YT videos and I'm trying to lower my BP naturally. Things like vitamin D3 and K2, plus potassium, magnesium, zinc and calcium all need to be at certain levels for your BP to be where it should be. I'm also trying a cup of beet juice a day and plan to try adding flaxseed and hibiscus tea to my diet. All of which are supposed to help regulate BP. I've been taking Losartan with HCTZ (water pill) and recently found out that HCTZ is horrible for your prostate and has a high cancer risk. F that noise. If I can make some diet changes and exercise more, I'll do that and avoid the drugs.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I've been fighting with mine. Make changes to your lifestyle and diet instead of taking blood pressure medicine if you can. I've been reading a lot of articles and watching YT videos and I'm trying to lower my BP naturally. Things like vitamin D3 and K2, plus potassium, magnesium, zinc and calcium all need to be at certain levels for your BP to be where it should be. I'm also trying a cup of beet juice a day and plan to try adding flaxseed and hibiscus tea to my diet. All of which are supposed to help regulate BP. I've been taking Losartan with HCTZ (water pill) and recently found out that HCTZ is horrible for your prostate and has a high cancer risk. F that noise. If I can make some diet changes and exercise more, I'll do that and avoid the drugs.
    Ask your doc about lotrel. After some initial dizziness, I have had no appreciable side effects. I was on some two pill regiment before (no idea what....), it was terrible and didn't work well.

I am sure every person is different though.

If you find a natural supplement that seems to work, please share that with me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ask your doc about lotrel. After some initial dizziness, I have had no appreciable side effects. I was on some two pill regiment before (no idea what....), it was terrible and didn't work well.

I am sure every person is different though.

If you find a natural supplement that seems to work, please share that with me.
    I'll ask about lotrel, thanks. For now I'm trying adding the supplements I added above and hoping after 3 months or so it'll work to lower my BP. I'll let you know.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The economy has officially gone insane. When a 1/4 lb. cheeseburger and a glass of water cost $14 at a State Park Inn.....that's insanity. At least it was a good burger !
    Thems rookie numbers!
    Went into one of the cafeterias at the top of vail 2 days ago to get water and eat our trail mix, saw the most beautiful plate of fries and a bacon cheeseburger and didn’t even want to know the price but I bet it was 25 bucks. We didn’t stop yesterday but bet we do today, I’ll try to look at the price.

(Also, was graduating high school in 87)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I'm going to look into that rowing machine. I need something to keep me active in the cold months, as well as the overly hot months too.
    I bought mine from Rogue Fitness as (at the time) the shipping was cheaper than factory direct. It is a gym quality machine for just a few hundred more than an Amazon special. My chiropractor is a big guy (went to Notre Dame on a shotput scholarship!) and he hasn't worn his out yet after years of use.

The low impact helps us almost-old dudes not beat up joints and not be so sore the next morning. The motion of the rowing machine also helps to offset the damage we do from having desk jobs.

Side note: chiropractor also talked me into a power Uplift standing desk conversion. Rusty won't want to look up the price for that one either....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Thems rookie numbers!
    Went into one of the cafeterias at the top of vail 2 days ago to get water and eat our trail mix, saw the most beautiful plate of fries and a bacon cheeseburger and didn’t even want to know the price but I bet it was 25 bucks. We didn’t stop yesterday but bet we do today, I’ll try to look at the price.

(Also, was graduating high school in 87)
    I thought you were going to talk prison prices…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom